Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
grakker
grakker began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Different page turning

I had a reader program on an old Visor handheld that would sort of rolling-scroll the page. It would be very cool if any of these readers (well, especially the nook, 'cause that's what I bought) could do this.

What I mean is:

You get close to the end of the page, a line or two or three left, and you push the button for the next page. The page changes from the top to the bottom. So, when you finish the page, your eyes scan immediately to the top, which has already changed.

It's not distracting at all and makes for a much more fluid reading style. It could even like change the top half, wait a second, finish the bottom half. Or maybe that would 1/2 the battery life. I don't know.
grakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
omatix
omatix began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
I like this idea a lot, and I think it'd be compatible with the way eInk screens work today. Obviously you're not talking about any animation, but just having the top half/two thirds/whatever changing to the next page, while leaving the bottom half on the last page for a couple of seconds. It may not be to everyone's preference, particularly those who find the flashing of page switching distracting, since that'd be spread over at least twice as long for each page change.

I'd like this because I often turn the page, quickly realizing I hadn't been concentrating for the last few lines of the last page, then have to turn back to re-read. Maybe most people have better mental focus than I...
omatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
I do the same thing. I push the button anticipating the page turn to be slow (ala firmware 1.1). Then I realized I am on firmware 1.4 now so I miss the last 2 sentences or so.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote