Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Jenny123
Jenny123 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
PDF's too small to read

I have some PDF's that I moved onto my reader via Calibre. Unfortunately, when they're displayed on my reader they're just too small to read and incresing the font size on the reader (from small, to medium or large) just doesn't make any difference.

Does anyone know how I can increase the size so that I can atually read them??

Cheers,

Jenny
Jenny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Convert them to a different format, I had the same problem until I converted them to the LRF format.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Problem solved..
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Jenny123
Jenny123 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Hmm...I tried LRF and MOBI without joy............any other suggestions?
Jenny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny123 View Post
when they're displayed on my reader they're just too small to read and incresing the font size on the reader (from small, to medium or large) just doesn't make any difference.
What I put in bold suggests that your PDF files are not genuine PDF text files but PDF files created from pictures.
Maybe (I am no pro, mind you) you can OCR them with FineReader or ABBYY PDF Transformer? although I am not sure it is worth the trouble. Are you sure you cannot find these books in any other format?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Try to rotate the PDF on the reader and read each page in 2 halves.

You can check this post I have made to another discussion for an example how it looks a A4 page (white margins cropped) when presented the way I advise above.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert