Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 05:52 AM   #1
antonio_uk
antonio_uk began at the beginning.

Supported memory cards

Can people please post here the manufacturer/model/size/type (compact flash or sd) of the memory cards they have tried to use with their iLiads and if they worked or not?

I guess this would be useful for people interested in buying memory cards. I would set up a Wiki table for this, but I have no idea of how to do it
antonio_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
I started using a Nytech 256M card but found that to be only intermittantly recognised. Then I switched to a PNY 512M card and that's fine (modulo having to reinsert it after bootup to get it recognised, normal v2.4 behaviour). Once recognised it stays recognised, unlike the other.

Both SD, BTW.
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Viking International 1gb CF cards. Both work, and have no problems being recognised.

Anyone tried the really big cards yet?
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
My Sandisk CF Extreme III 2.0 GB [I bought it for my digicam a while ago] works nicely.

Last edited by yokos; 07-25-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I forgot CF
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 AM   #5
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Are there any other SD cards that are known to work...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2006, 05:33 AM   #6
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
I'm using a Sandisk 1G. No other description on the card, but it seems to be working fine.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
I'm using a Sandisk 1G. No other description on the card, but it seems to be working fine.
Has anyone tried 2gb...? Or is 1Gb as good as it gets...? And has anyone tried using a SD Card & CF Card at the same time...? At the moment I've got 2Gb USB stick that works fine (as long you stick it in on boot up)

Btw, I've added a page to the wiki : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Iliad_Memorycards_list
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
my transcend 2gb 150x sd does not work
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:20 AM   #9
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I had a SanDisk 512MB CF card + a 256MB USB Stick + a 1GB Transcend SD card inside at the same time and no problems. Sometimes i have to reinsert a card or "re plugin" the USB stick until the iLead recognizes my memory cards/sticks ... thats all ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #10
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Has anyone tried 2gb...? Or is 1Gb as good as it gets...? And has anyone tried using a SD Card & CF Card at the same time...? At the moment I've got 2Gb USB stick that works fine (as long you stick it in on boot up)

Btw, I've added a page to the wiki : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Iliad_Memorycards_list
When I saw people had success w/the 1G and problems w/2G I decided on 1G. That will hold more than enough books until I can reload. Also, the 1G Sandisk had a rebate so I got it for $25 USD. The bigger cards are still pretty expensive.

Last edited by VillageReader; 07-31-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #11
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
hehe Ghz ?
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa
hehe Ghz ?
booo, hisss.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #13
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

1 gig generic Sandisk SD. Seems to work fine. Sandisk 128 mb Cruzer Mini USB works as well
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
VillageReader
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
booo, hisss.

No, I did err, then corrected it. I work at a company that makes RF cal equipment - GHz comes more naturally than Gb when I type.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
No, I did err, then corrected it. I work at a company that makes RF cal equipment - GHz comes more naturally than Gb when I type.
Oh, I thought you were making a pun -- "the cost of the bigger memory cards giga-hurts (gHz)"

Now I'm disappointed.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote