Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Sony PlayStation 3

My kids spend a lot of time using the PlaySation 3 and so it occured to me that it would be a good idea if the could use the device to read books. The Sony Reader store has a Kids Corner section with a lot of books they would enjoy reading. I have already purchased kids books for them on my e reader but they aren't overly interested so I'm hoping that seeing the book on a big screen TV will capture their attention. This morning I was able to convert a PDF children's book to JPEG, put it on a USB, and then view it on the TV, but it would be overly tedious to do that will all of my books. Is there an easier way to read e-books on the PS3? I searched the sony playstation store but there doesn't seem to be an app to read books purchased on the sony reader store.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Please check the Sony PSP article in our wiki. It has a lot of ideas for you.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Thanks, I've tried loading files to drop box and then download then on the PS3 but still the easiest way was to simply convert PDF to JPG and load it on a USB. For anyone looking for a big screen to view a PDF document ,viewing it as a JPG file on a TV screen should prove adequate. As an added bonus, the PS3 remote control allows to zoom in for even closer inspection of parts of the JPG file.

Another option is to simply add the converted PDF to JPG file to windows media player and then stream it to the PS3.

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 06-23-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add streaming option.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote