Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
Vertical scrolling using app

Hi all, I own a kindle keyboard but am doing research on behalf of a friend. She needs an ereader that allows vertical scrolling so that she can compare chunks of text at a time. Has anyone with a rooted nook touch tried reading using an app that allows vertical scrolling? What is the refresh rate like?
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Somewhat terrible. Not to mention the act of scrolling is very uncomfortable and awkward, at least on the Nook STR.

But the only app that I've seen scrolling are PDF readers. Might be different with something else
maxiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
Thanks, I managed to find a youtube video where someone showed various apps, including an e-book reading app. You're right about vertical scrolling being horrible! Looks like I have to recommend my friend a large e-book reader, hopefully in the near future when those ultra thin and flexible devices make their appearance.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I don't quite understand what your friend is doing, but anyway... if I had to compare two sections in the same text repeatedly, I would make two copies of the text, open each in a different reader, and switch between them using the "n" button. At least on my Nook ST, if you hold down the "n" button for a couple of seconds, it brings up a list of recent applications.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote