Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book (Kindle) - Dark Mysteries of The Vatican

Dark Mysteries of The Vatican, by H. P. Jeffers

Book Description
What The Vatican Doesn't Want You To Know:
The lies. The conspiracies. The cover-ups. The truth.

Deep behind the walls of the world's holiest site is a dense network of lies, corruption, and conspiracies fueling the Vatican's vast and unchecked influence on world events. From the Holy Orders that defied the commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill" to the scandals splashed across international headlines, the Vatican is no longer shrouded in mystery, legend, and secrecy.

It's all here:

The shocking and unsolved murder of the corrupt Vatican financier known as "God's Banker"
Real-life exorcism--and shocking rumors of Satanism
The Vatican's startling views on extraterrestrials and end-of-world prophesies
The Vatican's hidden ties to Nazi Germany and the Mafia
The bizarre rituals of the ultraconservative Opus Dei
The Vatican's ruthless 500-year war with the Freemasons
Pope Pius XII's anti-Semitic indifference to the plight of Europe's Jews and the Holocaust
And much more!
This utterly fascinating, unflinching account is the most definitive exposé ever written about the most secretive institution in the world.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Thanks koland.

But... have they changed sthing by Amazon? The last 3 Freebies are now only available as pre-order, to be delivered on Feb 1 and not downloadable on PC (I only use my USB connection, whispernet is hopeless in my house)..
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Well, you cant download what you cant actually have yet now can you
On Feb 1st, I am willing to bet, you will be able to download said books
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Well, you cant download what you cant actually have yet now can you
On Feb 1st, I am willing to bet, you will be able to download said books
Well, that part I got . What I meant is: I am not sure at all that they will still be free on Feb 1st. And if this is the new Amazon freebie rule, it is a no go for me...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Sony has this available now for free.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Well, that part I got . What I meant is: I am not sure at all that they will still be free on Feb 1st. And if this is the new Amazon freebie rule, it is a no go for me...
Order these now. Then when they "ship", they will be free to you. You will then be able to download the books in the Manage My Kindle page. To avoid a whispernet download charge, if outside the US, just install Kindle for PC somewhere, register it and send the pre-ordered book there.

If you wait until the book is published, most of these pre-orders will have gone back up in price and you'll miss them.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I downloaded this from Sony a few days ago.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, it was free on Sony before, but as of today is no longer free there. Same with the other pre-orders that were free earlier this week.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Yes, it was free on Sony before, but as of today is no longer free there. Same with the other pre-orders that were free earlier this week
Ackk -you're right except Two Rivers is still there right now. I guess we need to grab these as soon as we see them.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/category/bargain-priced

Thanks for all your freebie posts - I've gotten a lot of good ones.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Just ordered this book, which will be delivered automatically on my Kindle on Monday.

Thanks for the tip!
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Ackk -you're right except Two Rivers is still there right now. I guess we need to grab these as soon as we see them.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/category/bargain-priced

Thanks for all your freebie posts - I've gotten a lot of good ones.
I definitely grab anything even remotely interesting (to me or the other readers on my Kindle account or any future reader that might be on the account) the instant I see them. I may never read them, but that's ok. I've seen some of these sales (esp. at Amazon, but also at fictionwise) last an hour or less.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Price on this one has gone back up - no longer free.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:47 AM   #13
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Sony has this available now for free***

Yeah ... IF you live in the US.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
khintul
Enthusiast
khintul doesn't litterkhintul doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle 3, PRS-300, PRS-350, PaperWhite 1, Kobo Aura HD
Also, when I went to "Manage my Kindle", the freebies which were set to be delivered on 2-1 were already there today (1-30)

Karon
khintul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
The price shot the hell (no pun intended) up didnt it! Wow.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote