Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This is an interesting site for people who - like ME! - enjoy this kind of stuff:

https://vaultofevil.proboards.com/th...-biblio?page=1

There are a lot of good sites on related to this issue, as most of us know.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:15 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is an interesting site for people who - like ME! - enjoy this kind of stuff:

https://vaultofevil.proboards.com/th...-biblio?page=1

There are a lot of good sites on related to this issue, as most of us know.
Thanks for that. I also enjoy Too Much Horror Fiction, the blog that launched Paperbacks From Hell.

Incidentally, just picked up the latest Paperback From Hell: Gwen, In Green. I haven't posted about these here as I don't think they ever go on sale. I paid full price for all of mine.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2022, 12:18 PM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those Zebra covers are the worst! Which also makes them the best.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #19
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Thanks for that. I also enjoy Too Much Horror Fiction, the blog that launched Paperbacks From Hell.

Incidentally, just picked up the latest Paperback From Hell: Gwen, In Green. I haven't posted about these here as I don't think they ever go on sale. I paid full price for all of mine.
I actually buy all of these in physical form, just because they're supposed to be "paperbacks" from hell. I've enjoyed just about all of them. The original Paperbacks from Hell book is also an excellent read, if you're at all interested in the old horror book history at all. It's a larger sized book. I really would recommend getting it in physical format so you can enjoy the book covers, etc. I'm not sure you can really appreciate the fantastic artwork of some of those older books on an ereader or tablet.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 PM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
I actually buy all of these in physical form, just because they're supposed to be "paperbacks" from hell. I've enjoyed just about all of them.
Since I bought my first Nook, I haven't purchased paper books for myself. I already have so many space was becoming an issue.

My decision was solidified when a waterpipe in my garage burst, destroying 30 years of collected comics.

Of course, it's possible that my hard drive and back-up could both crash, so I'm not saying my way is better. Just what works for me.

Quote:
The original Paperbacks from Hell book is also an excellent read, if you're at all interested in the old horror book history at all. It's a larger sized book. I really would recommend getting it in physical format so you can enjoy the book covers, etc. I'm not sure you can really appreciate the fantastic artwork of some of those older books on an ereader or tablet.
I have the ebook, but am planning to read it on my Surface or 12.2" Android tablet. I understand what you mean, but hey, I can pinch and zoom
Advert
Old 01-10-2022, 11:39 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
I actually buy all of these in physical form, just because they're supposed to be "paperbacks" from hell. I've enjoyed just about all of them.
If you like the Paperbacks From Hell series, you might also want to check into Macabre Ink's Resurrected Horrors series. Another series republishing old OOP horror novels. Guys like Charles L. Grant, Whitley Strieber, David J. Schow, Elizabeth Massie, Yvonne Navarro, Skipp and Spector. Now, they don't preserve the original covers. But on the other hand, each book is only $2.99.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:23 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
What would a computer based horror line be? They only run Linux!

I would go for Chrome for a horror line of computers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:24 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I thought the Abyss covers were ugly. I understand wanting to break away from the cheesy (but fun!) skeletons and the like.
How dare you get back on topic.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How dare you get back on topic.
The nerve of me!
Old 01-11-2022, 01:34 PM   #25
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Since I bought my first Nook, I haven't purchased paper books for myself. I already have so many space was becoming an issue.

My decision was solidified when a waterpipe in my garage burst, destroying 30 years of collected comics.

Of course, it's possible that my hard drive and back-up could both crash, so I'm not saying my way is better. Just what works for me.

I have the ebook, but am planning to read it on my Surface or 12.2" Android tablet. I understand what you mean, but hey, I can pinch and zoom
You should back up your ebooks to the cloud somewhere, or to a USB drive. I have mine backed up to Dropbox and also on a USB drive. I use FileSync (Free software) to sync up my hard drive and Dropbox when I put new ebooks into Calibre and every once in a while I'll do the same with the USB drive.

For the most part I am ebook only, but for this one I did go physical.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:34 PM   #26
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
If you like the Paperbacks From Hell series, you might also want to check into Macabre Ink's Resurrected Horrors series. Another series republishing old OOP horror novels. Guys like Charles L. Grant, Whitley Strieber, David J. Schow, Elizabeth Massie, Yvonne Navarro, Skipp and Spector. Now, they don't preserve the original covers. But on the other hand, each book is only $2.99.
Those are some favorite authors, so I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the the tip!
Old 01-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #27
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
You should back up your ebooks to the cloud somewhere, or to a USB drive. I have mine backed up to Dropbox and also on a USB drive. I use FileSync (Free software) to sync up my hard drive and Dropbox when I put new ebooks into Calibre and every once in a while I'll do the same with the USB drive.
I have a back-up hard drive, but likely should get a USB as well. They're cheap enough.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:29 PM   #28
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I keep seeing this thread title, and think it is talking about Dell's tech support line being an abyss that you fall into while waiting for tech support.

Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:24 AM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Gwen, In Green was actually on my Wish List, before I saw your post. It looks like a fun read.

If you get to it, let me know if you think it's any good.

About the Gates title you asked about, I'm only 19% into it. (I'll send you a PM for further info.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:14 AM   #30
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Paperbacks From Hell: Anyone notice that The Auctioneer (which is part of the series) isn't available as a Paperbacks From Hell edition as an ebook? I wonder why that is? The publisher is the same for ebooks and paperback (Valencourt books). It's listed as a Paperback From Hell on their website. Barnes and Noble has the PBH paperback listed for sale. It even has a Grady Hendrix into. They just need to update the cover (which already exists). Weird.

I just bought the book and slapped the PBH cover on it in Calibre.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 01-13-2022 at 09:18 AM.