Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
tinhawaii
tinhawaii began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PSR_505
New at this need help

Aloha all,
I need help with converning my ebooks to work on my new sony. See I have a Dell Axim but it has seen better days. My family got me the Sony prs-505 reader but my palm format books wont work. Is there any way to convert the palm encrypted file to work with the Sony reader? I would normally just buy those books again in the format I need but that 17 books I just got. Also I notice that the website I normally get my books from doesn't have that many Sony format, which really sucks since I got a 5 year membership with them.
tinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
There are multiple formats that can be read on the Palm. Mobipocket is the most popular. Unfortunately there is no way to convert Mobipocket encrypted files.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If your 17 books have drm (Digital Rights Management) then you are probably out of luck.
But if they are straightforward prc or pdb files then you can convert them with Book Designer - search the forums and the wiki ( - link at the top of this page) for more details.

Welcome to the forum, tinhawaii.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote