Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
ippymiss
ippymiss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cant add books to calibre

Hi, I have installed calibre again, had it a year ago, but HD crashed.

On my kindle I have 7 collections with over 700 books. when I open calibre it sees my kindle . but.. I am unable to get my books from my kindle to calibre.
when I click on view report of Kindle collections I see my 7 collections and 777 books. but the books will not go onto the calibre. My books are not on my PC either.

When I click on import kindle collections onto calibre I get this. No collections for books found on the Kindle , import aborted.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.....I hope this is the place to post this! sorry if it isn't.

Last edited by ippymiss; 04-09-2012 at 03:27 PM.
ippymiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #2
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
my calibre on my lap top seized...and I can not get it running ...but i HAVE an idea for you
what if you copy the books on the kindle ...to a folder on your pc ...then have calibre find that ???
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippymiss View Post
When I click on import kindle collections onto calibre I get this. No collections for books found on the Kindle , import aborted.
Import collections is meant to import the tag for the collection to a custom column, it is NOT meant to import any books. To copy the books from your kindle to calibre, click on the Device icon, highlight all the books, right click and select 'Add books to library'.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote