Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Kindle files and tags

I did a search, but could not seem to find what I was looking for.

I know that on my Nook I can take my B&N books and change the metatags (not convert, just edit the tags). A friend is trying to do this with her azw files. She wants her books set up like mine where the series and number comes first, then the title. I have seen mention lots of time about people with Kindles using Calibre to organize their books. I was wondering if we were missing something?
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
AZW files are often DRM protected. If they are then this limits what Calibre can do with the files. There are ways of removing the DRM, but forum policy prohibits the details being covered here.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Hmmmm, why can I change my B&N drm books? Just the title and series tags, I obviously can't change the format. Oh, I can change the cover too. Is this because my Nook is rooted?

I do know how to remove the DRM on azw files, but not the TOPAZ ones. I don't think she will be able to do that though. I was hoping for an easy way like with mine.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
DRM in EPUB does not prevent editing of (most) metadata. DRM in AZW/TOPAZ may or may not, depending on various technical things.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Care
Aes Sedai

Thanks for the help! At least we know now it can't be done (without stripping the DRM).
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I have a Kindle and I have my sereis labeled on my kindle.

For example:

Black Dagger Brotherhood 01: Dark lover
Black Dagger Brotherhood 02: Lover Eternal, etc.

I changed the Titles using Calibre just updating the Metadata without stripping the drm.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote