Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Cases for Nexus 7 (2013)

When I bought my Nexus 7, I also bought a generic tablet case. Well, actually, it's made for the Samsung Galaxy Tab. However, it can be used on other seven inch tablets. It's OK but it makes the tablet heavy and it's also difficult to reach the power button with it on. I bought a smart case on Amazon from a company called Envy Deal. At first it was great but then the magnet that causes the tablet to wake and sleep started to cause my tablet to go into sleep mode all the time. Every time I pressed the button to wake it, it would go back to sleep. So I am no longer using that case. I would like a case that is made specifically for the Nexus 7, is nice and doesn't cost a lot of money. Have any of you come across good cases for the Nexus 7 yet?
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Try the Moko
, I love it
http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-fit-...o+nexus+7+case
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
I as well purchased the moko. I did not care for the popular alternative of the Poetic case.

I did have an issue however. The stitching on the handstrap did lay across the face of my device and left marks on the screen protector. I had to wipe furiously to remove the markings. I did not care for the strap and so undid the stitching to remove the strap altogether.

I had hoped Exotek was making a case for the 2013 Nexus, but the altered Moko suits me well.

Last edited by Dhevi; 10-02-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I've got Chil's Notchbook case (barcode: 853933004443) which says its a "universal case for 7 inch tablets".

Honestly, I'm not sure that I can recommend the case. I've got some mixed impressions, but how much of this is my lack of familiarity with tablet accessories vs real issues, I'm just not sure.

Things that I've noticed are:
  • I've got my N7 set with a password so the magnetic case's ability to turn the device on/off doesn't apply. I also find that the magnet interferes with my password being recognized/turning on the tablet properly. (This may be a device issue, pending further research.)
  • Front cover has the fairly standard creases to allow propping the device up on a table.
  • The back has four -- loops, I guess -- to hold the device. They're very, very tight. I thought for sure I was going to rip one off while getting the N7 inside. (I didn't.)
  • Once inside, the back cover makes using the power and sound keys awkward; while the back is flat, it's also slightly larger than the device so, without a cut-out, pressing the keys is a matter of wedging a fingertip inside. Considering these keys seem to work best at a certain angle, it gets awkward to manipulate them.
  • By itself the cover isn't very heavy, but with the tablet inside I do tend to notice the weight more. But then, the tablet seems to get heavier after holding it awhile too!
  • The notch in the product's title is a well placed, and spaced, cut in the bottom third of the spine of the case. You can slip your hand inside it, between thumb and fingers. Similar to reading a paperback with one hand -- thumb holding the cover open, fingers supporting the back cover. An additional magnet keeps the notch closed when it's not needed.
  • Despite the above, the case seems very well suited to reading and viewing content of any kind.
  • Where the case seems lacking are games which have on-screen controls or that make use of the hardware keys.
  • One feature I wish was present was some means of including or attaching a stylus. While I don't have particularly wide fingers, I do notice fingerprints and smudges accumulate. A stylus keeps the task of "polishing the tablet" to a minimum.

PS: About your magnet problem... noticed on other Android forums users have issues with the magnets slipping out of the covers.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I have the Moko ultra slim and really like it so far. I have the Poetic on my old Nexus and it fell apart pretty quickly. The Moko is also lighter and thinner than the Poetic. There are wake problems with a lot of the new Nexus models but I leave Bluetooth on all the time and it works fine now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
They just announced a custom case for the Nexus 7. I've also enjoyed using M-Edge's cases.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
They just announced a custom case for the Nexus 7. I've also enjoyed using M-Edge's cases.
$50 - is Google crazy?!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I got this rooCase and really like it. Flip cover folds in several directions for propping up the tab to read, all buttons easily accessible, has a nice hand feel. Also it was dirt cheap. Only had it a week so I can't talk about wear, but so far it's working out well for me.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Amazon.com has the rooCase for a mere $6, but won't ship to Canada sadly. Even sadder is that the Amazon.ca website wants $30 for the same case. /sigh
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote