Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
When Adding to Collections...

On both the Touch and the PW I've experienced quite frequently a pesky, annoying glitch. After long-touching the book I intend to add to a particular collection, I press "Add to Collection". At this point the screen refreshed with a huge blank rectangle occupying most of the display. On the PW this probably happens close to 50% of the time. Has anyone else experienced this on either device?

**UPDATE**
Here is a pic of the glitch red handed....well....urm....white squared, anyway, or something... This happens all the time...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121005_153139.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	93483  

Last edited by QofResh; 10-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@QofResh: That vaguely rings a bell, yes. A back or home action cleared it up, IIRC. Although that might be tricky on the PW without the HW home key...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Interesting... I don't know if this will be any help or not, but I got that black box twice a few days ago on my K3/3G when I opened the font style/size/TTS dialog .

It had never happened before, so i attributed it to either the recent update we just got, or the fact that the book (very annoyingly ) used an embedded and miniscule font.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
jbharman45
jbharman45 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505, 700, 900, Kindle 2/3, Nook, NookColor
Yes, about 50% of the time it just goes white on white. The only option is to hit the 'back' key and try again. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update. It is very annoying when adding nearly a hundred books to collections. I find the PW Kindle screen response to be very unresponsive a lot of the time. Surprisingly, however, the onscreen keyboard works pretty well.
jbharman45 is offline   Reply With Quote