Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: What Novel Would you like to see win the Hugo Award For Best Novel?
Anathem - Neal Stephenson 11 34.38%
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman 5 15.63%
Little Brother - Cory Doctorow 10 31.25%
Satan's Children - Charles Stross 4 12.50%
Zoe's Tale - John Scalzi 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #61
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We can choose not to read such books, of course. Eg, I avoid John Ringo's more recent books for that very recent, although I enjoyed his earlier books, before he started writing political manifestos, rather than SF.
I don't think that I've read any Ringo, although I enjoy Yellow Submarine. Sorry - Couldn't resist the pun! At my (early middle) age, my politics are pretty much embedded and there isn't much interest in changing. What I miss from a lot of scifi lately is just good storytelling. Everything seems to be formulaic, so much so that I can practically predict which pages will be where she kisses the vampire for the first time, or the precocious child outsmarts its parents, or the rebellious maiden finds the dragon egg. It is becoming like finding treasure to find a book that is unique.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote