Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
BreezyDay
12 Miles and Climbing
BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Outsmart the Unexpected - A Creativity Challenge

Hey, there!

Looking for some mind twisting fun? Stretch your imagination and rev up your ability to find creative solutions to sticky situations with this collection of challenging and unusual predicaments in story form that need solving.
--> --> -->

It's up to you to write your own ending. It's up to you to decide how things will turn out - Happily? In a twist? In more of a muddle? Use them to sharpen your ability to find creative solutions to sudden predicaments. Use them to develop your creativity, strengthen your ability to think on your feet, and make decisions which will be successful.

In some, you may need to suspend your disbelief to play along. Some will make your head spin. Others may make your heart pound. Still others will make you go hmmm. But, all will get your brain a'stretchin and help you grow your creativity and problem solving prowess.

Do you think that the best solutions come from asking the right questions? Get your brain humming thinking up what those questions would be.
Do you enjoy dreaming up your own endings? Let your imagination run wild inventing different endings.

Outsmart the Unexpected: Grow Your Creativity the Edge-of-your-seat Way is available at Amazon.com

Cheers, Regina

Last edited by BreezyDay; 03-06-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
BreezyDay
12 Miles and Climbing
BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!BreezyDay rocks like Gibraltar!

Outsmart the Unexpected - Creativity Gone Wild

I just wanted to share with you what readers and reviewers on Amazon and Goodreads are saying about "Outsmart the Unexpected":

"... This book is a fun activity for an evening home with friends (game night for critical thinkers). You can read the book out loud and discuss the possible outcomes. It is interesting to see what conclusion other people draw and their reasoning. The discussions can lead to some very stimulating conversations and your friends may even surprise you with the conclusions they draw. You may even gain some new insights into your own creativity and critical thinking skills. "- M.Casillo

"Yes, you have a chance to make your own happy ending, be your own hero and stretch your brain with the various scenarios in this quirky little book. Not a parlor game but then again it would really enliven any party as several short problematic scenarios are presented. You are asked to solve them. I took this to my office and we spent several lunch hours going over the possibilities. It is really fascinating to see others flex their comfort zones to come up with answers using creative problem solving skills. There are no right answers. You are on your own to work with the facts presented. Not just fun or thought provoking, it leaves you wanting to go through the entire book. Meanwhile you are using your creativity, decision making chops and critical thinking skills to solve problems you hope you never encounter." - MH Walker

"I did find myself stretched as I tried to figure out, not how to "fix" the person who got into the predicament, but rather how to resolve it with their limited personality and/or skills. It helped me to envision the kinds of situations certain behavior generates, and to understand what being in their skins involve. I also enjoyed it on the storytelling level, asking myself what the likely response could be to the scenario, and creating an ending that matched the beginning. This is an unusual and unexpected book, and I have spent close to three weeks working through the stories, sorting out what would be done. Special thanks to Regina Pacelli for offering me a copy for review. I have grown through perusing this book, and suggest it as an opportunity for you to grow as well. Well, not just grow - you can stop yelling at the characters and actually tell them what to do. :-) Four stars and recommended for a fun experience!" - Bobbie, Amazon top 500 reviewer

"... part of the joy of Pacelli's book is that there often isn't enough information [as in life] to reach a solution. And, there are no "rules" -- you're on your own ... pick up this challenging little book and try a few of the exercises yourself. You may get addicted too." - R.Ross, Top 50 Amazon Reviewer."

"It is almost impossible to rate this book because there is nothing to compare it with that I know of. It is sui generis ... It would make a good game at a party, where selected vignettes were read aloud and attendees would have to solve what to do. I could also see this as a good book for a writing class, asking students to complete the stories ... I gave it four stars for originality, a book intended as a group read rather than a solo read, although I guess some people would just enjoy pondering possible solutions on their own. However, discussion would evoke far more ideas." - E.Chaika

"...would make great material for a book club discussion or a terrific teaching aid for a writing class, similar to books like The Artists Way which asks the reader to build a story around an ordinary object randomly placed . It can make for some very active discussions without any repercussions for making the "wrong" decision. We've all heard that keeping the mind active and exercised will help keep it healthy so if you're looking for something besides crossword puzzles and Sudoku, Outsmart the Unexpected is a good tool to add to your repertoire." - P.Christian

You can pick up a copy of Outsmart the Unexpected at Amazon.com

Embrace the sun. Enjoy the day!
- Regina
Old 03-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
BreezyDay
12 Miles and Climbing

Outsmart the Unexpected - Resources

I forgot to mention that you can also find an eclectic mix of articles and videos relating to creativity, creative problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking on the resources page of my website:
http://www.reginapacelli.com/res_createsolvedecide.html

For example, relating to creativity, you can find

- articles such as (1) Do You Recognize These 10 Mental Blocks to Creative Thinking? and (2) Odd Behavior And Creativity May Go Hand-in-hand

- videos such as (1) The Powerful Relationship between Creative Thinking and Play and (2) Try Weird Combinations

Cheers,
Regina

"Some folks want their luck buttered." - Thomas Hardy
Old 01-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
BreezyDay
12 Miles and Climbing

Outsmart the Unexpected - Now Available on the Nook

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Outsmart the Unexpected is now available on the Nook. You can check it out here.

Outsmart the Unexpected is a book of edge-of-your-seat, challenging and unusual, no-time-to-lose dilemmas in story form that you need to solve your way out of.

In some, you may need to suspend your disbelief to play along. Some will make your head spin. Others may make your heart pound. Still others will make you go hmmm. But, all will stretch your mind, boost your ability to think creatively, and help you to develop your ability to formulate best possible solution in situations where you must react quickly and there's little available information to work with.

Hope you enjoy it.

May all your unexpected encounters be happy ones,
Regina

------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindle Edition of Outsmart the Unexpected
Resources for improving your ability to Think on Your Feet and more
Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
BreezyDay
12 Miles and Climbing

Outsmart the Unexpected - Free on Smashwords.com for EBOOK Week

Hi, all!

Smashwords is having their annual EBook week promotion.

You can download a free copy of "Outsmart the Unexpected" from Smashwords.com from 3/6/2011 through 3/12/2011 by using the 100% off coupon code RE100. Smashwords has many formats available including .mobi and epub.

I hope you'll dive in a try a few of the dilemmas in Outsmart the Unexpected!

Take Care,
Regina

Last edited by BreezyDay; 03-05-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Closed Thread