Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
waterlubber
hobbyist
waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (Non-Touch)
Talking Jailbreak: for n00bs!

This mini-forum (yes, I do hope it gets up that high) is the NO REFERRING forum. In other words, don't do this:

O.K, now get SSL access via fastboot and...

Please do this:

O.K, step 1: Get SLL access by viewing THIS site. Then, download a program called 'Cheese' by googling it (it should be first result)

Don't follow those, thats just an example.
Oh, this is for K4NT (The newest kindle without a touch screen) and please make an ad-kindle and no-ads kindle tutorial.

waterlubber
You can bend the rules, I hope this makes it to a sticky.
waterlubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sounds great.

and it's ssh (like I said before on the other thread)

Do you have a guide to offer or...?
there are several guides on the subject matter in question. I shan't provide links then.

: ) nice idea. but it seems like duplicated effort. Feel free to refute this. This is my opinion. Having spent time constructing such guides and maintaining the wiki don't see the point. Other than to taxonomize the guides in one place. But the sticky indexes already do this job.

Perhaps "This thread is for those who can't be bothered to read the wiki" as surely this info is there already. : ))
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlubber View Post
You can bend the rules, I hope this makes it to a sticky.
This may not be the best way to get help from volunteers.

You will note here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200203720
That there have only been three versions released for your machine.
Which means you don't have many choices about what you "roll back to".

If you find the directions given here confusing to you, then keep good notes and write better ones when your done.
You are a member here on equal standing with everyone else, that means the lack of clear directions is as much your fault as anyone else's.

Last edited by knc1; 10-22-2012 at 07:42 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
waterlubber
hobbyist
waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.waterlubber got an A in P-Chem.

O.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
sounds great.

and it's ssh (like I said before on the other thread)

Do you have a guide to offer or...?
there are several guides on the subject matter in question. I shan't provide links then.

: ) nice idea. but it seems like duplicated effort. Feel free to refute this. This is my opinion. Having spent time constructing such guides and maintaining the wiki don't see the point. Other than to taxonomize the guides in one place. But the sticky indexes already do this job.

Perhaps "This thread is for those who can't be bothered to read the wiki" as surely this info is there already. : ))
I mean 'What the heck is a wiki?'-n00bs.
There aren't many k4 guides out there...
Old 10-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Isn't there a "Complete Idiot's Guide for Dummies" that explains everything you need to know about "What the heck is a wiki"?

Or... just read what WikiPedia has to say about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

EDIT: Essentially, a wiki is a user-editable web page. Feel free to add corrections and additions to the MobileRead Kindle wiki pages. They can be found in the "Master Index" sticky thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180113

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-23-2012 at 05:29 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Are you serious?!

Look, you are in the developers' corner.

Much of the discussion here is about very technical details, about what they are, and whether and how they can be used. But we're also trying to make those "things" understandable (="followable") to technically-inclined end users. Heck, we're even trying to make the relevant topics accessible to "normal" end users for the most relevant topics ("n00b guides").

What more are you asking for?!

Should we start every single post with "Start your computer; sit down in front of it; press 'Start'"?

There is a certain level of expertise required to understand what is going on here (and heck, I'm lucky if I understand half of the technical stuff in some threads).

If 'what the heck is a wiki?' is too difficult a question to answer, then you are most definitely in the wrong forum... Sorry.

Note: this post is nothing personal, so please don't be offended. I'm just seriously irritated about the kind of request.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K4_Index

Quote:
Okay. that is a fair point. sorry if I was flippant before.

As far as I recall wiki once stood for "What I know Is" and is a shared authoring platform.
EDIT:
Quote:
Wiki is a Hawaiian word meaning "fast" or "quick"
ah there you go....

Wikipedia is probably the most famous Wiki to the average person.

The Mobile Read Site has a wiki.

For example the k4's page - on that wiki - has info on a few intersting things you mentioned.

the main K4 index page: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K4_Index

Jailbreak:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak

Other bits in that area
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K4_I...FModifications

SSH access
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking#SSH.3F

etc....

Hope that helps.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
waterlubber
hobbyist

O.K, O.K. I just meant Step-by-Steps
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
twobob

Quote:
O.K, O.K. I just meant Step-by-Steps
The ones on the wiki are step-by-step. (I just went and checked)
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
waterlubber
hobbyist

I give up. You win. NOTE TO MODS: close this thread
Yeah, it was silly. o3o
Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
twobob

not silly. just under-researched.
And you can ask them to remove it yourself. (repost post button).

HTH

Tags
n00bs