Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: How often has your T1 crashed/frozen? (after using it at least 3 days)
Once 38 23.60%
2-3 times 26 16.15%
More than 3 times 35 21.74%
Never 62 38.51%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #271
rlm80
rlm80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
No, only in Sony reading app.
Thank you, that's reassuring. At least it can be fixed by a software update then. I was afraid it could be something hardware related.
rlm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #272
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Please read the Sony firmware update thread or follow this link.

https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11814
nice, thats good news. but i didnt see anything there about the screen freezing up?
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #273
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
SONY are ignoring me now. I'm annoyed with them.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #274
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by henson0115 View Post
nice, thats good news. but i didnt see anything there about the screen freezing up?
I do....
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #275
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by henson0115 View Post
by sonymod_mb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 pm

I’m pleased to announce that a firmware update for the Sony Reader model PRST1 is scheduled for release at the end of this month. This update is designed to resolve the dictionary, freezing and page flipping issues users have been reporting to Sony in the last few weeks.
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #276
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip_intro View Post
by sonymod_mb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 pm

I’m pleased to announce that a firmware update for the Sony Reader model PRST1 is scheduled for release at the end of this month. This update is designed to resolve the dictionary, freezing and page flipping issues users have been reporting to Sony in the last few weeks.
yea i re-read it later on, missed the freezing part :/. anyways its good news if it actually fixes it.
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 AM   #277
malifact
malifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheese

Device: None
Well, at least Sony are updating the firmware, so if this doesn't solve all issues it means they might be ironed out in future updates.
malifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #278
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
They re-scheduled the fix to 2th December (today)
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #279
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
They re-scheduled the fix to 2th December (today)
Yeah, but pushing back dates is something Sony are renowned for, so no holding your breath.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #280
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: PRS-T1
I chose 'Never' in the poll, but I've only had my T1 for about a week now. Been reading every day, with some varied formats (ePub, PDF, TXT). Hooked it up to Reader on the computer and it auto-upgraded firmware to 1.0.02.10280 and been syncing a few times since then. I've also been playing a bit with the browser and online-borrowing, which is very impressive. No SD Card yet.

Overall, it seems to be quite stable and I've had no issues yet. I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to read on eInk again; it's funny how your eyes just get used to it, almost to the point of preferring it over a regular book (sacrilege?!)

Now I just want to find a nice case for it, without having to spend $50!
nindustrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #281
hero88
hero88 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
It has been rescheduled till mid December see this post https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11379
hero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #282
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I've finally voted too. I have the T1 since it came out in Germany (end of October) and haven't had a touchscreen problem yet. The reader app closed once (standard Android error message) and sometimes when using the buttons to turn pages it skips one page ahead (turns 2 pages instead of one). But overall I'm very pleased with it.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #283
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Mine crashed yesterday.

I had started playing around with different fonts, after this the dictionary lookup became very sluggish and then it crashed on me with a black screen.

Before it happened, I had checked on the running applications with the task manager of the Smart Bar app, noticing that most of the apps were on 0MB RAM.

I know Sony already worked out a fix and is testing now, but who knows. FWIW this looks like a memory leak.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #284
bobbyco57
bobbyco57 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I bought my T1 on Amazon and it arrived Saturday. Sunday afternoon pages started flipping on their own, Then lock up. Just like many are having and like this video demonstrates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX60B0bjp90

I'm going to return it if the fix isn't around by 12/15. I wonder how folks have put up with it this long. I spent a bit of time comparing Kindle Touch, Nook & T1 and T1 was the right one for me. I didn't research current issues though (obviously). Here's hoping the fix posts this week
bobbyco57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #285
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyco57 View Post
I wonder how folks have put up with it this long.
Probably because many of us (me included, despite having read on it every day since mid-October) have never experienced the 'page flipping' problem and others have experienced it only occasionally, enough to be irritating but not enough to forgo some of the advantages of the T1, e.g. better PDF support.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote