Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #16
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And I just turned WiFi off and looked at the book I was looking at yesterday. No cover now. Turn WiFi and make sure it connects (the Aura ONE and the modem don't always like each other) and a few seconds later, the cover arrives. But, when I checked, it isn't stored.

I'll have to do some experimenting. And I ran the repair account on one of the other devices last night. I'll have to see what it has.
Did you find anything new about the covers disappearing?.

After a couple of weeks and several syncs, the books I changed the image id in the database are still OK. Nevertheless, two new books have loosed the cover (they appear again in the PC app as not available in My books).

I have applied the same workaround (looking for the old image id in a backup database and putting it in the actual database) and it works again.

Anyway, it is a pain to do that each time. Probably something is wrong in the way Kobo is updating the covers ... They have a new id but they are not copied permanently in the ebook.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote