Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 12:02 AM   #1
infernoxv
plucker of strings
infernoxv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Aura H2O edition one replacement screen

hi everyone! i have a h2o with a cracked screen and was thinking of getting one of the replacement screens from aliexpress, but not sure if the display quality is any good - i’ve heard some of them are rather faint. any thoughts?
infernoxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
there was a recent thread about display replacement for the original H2O (the one with USB hatch flap):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320264

I'm happy with the replacment display I got from aliexpress. It's the one and only display replacement I ever did so can't tell if I got lucky or not.

Compared to my other H2O the only difference is that the ghosting is slightly more noticable. But there is no issue with regular reading (all my devices are set to refresh every 6 pages).
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2019, 04:08 AM   #3
infernoxv
plucker of strings
infernoxv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Thank you!
infernoxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I'm happy with the replacment display I got from aliexpress.
I guess I spoke too quickly, or I cursed it... or I might've been overdoing it with 10'000 fbink refreshes in a row ... ... anyhow, it seems that I lost one single row and one single column of pixels on the replacement display.

Affected pixel row stays white when it should be black, and turns gray-ish when it should be white. So it's always visible. Oh well.

Last edited by frostschutz; 08-16-2019 at 05:26 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:40 AM   #5
Alex_77
Alex_77 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I guess I spoke too quickly, or I cursed it... or I might've been overdoing it with 10'000 fbink refreshes in a row ... ... anyhow, it seems that I lost one single row and one single column of pixels on the replacement display.

Affected pixel row stays white when it should be black, and turns gray-ish when it should be white. So it's always visible. Oh well.
Bad news, did you contact the seller? Was it original, at least the code?

Did you try to unplug all the cable from the motherboard? Maybe some contact
Alex_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert