Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Martinus
Martinus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prsT-1, Kindle 4NT
Non US-resident and prepaid Borders card

Hi, I'm a new Sony Reader owner. I don't live in the US, so I'm not able to buy books online from the Sony store. Does anybody know whether this is possible with a prepaid Borders card (like prepaid iTunes cards for iPods)?. Thanks.
Martinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It has to be a card specifically for the Sony store -- the regular Borders ones won't work -- but yes.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
Martinus
Martinus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prsT-1, Kindle 4NT
Thanks for you're reply!
The problem isn't as much the adress, but the adress on the credit card.
So for one of those Borders cards you'd need an American credit card also? Or do they ust need an adress? And do you know what the difference is between the Borders card and the Sony card? I'll be in the US next week, so it would be nice to know whete to go.
Martinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The gift cards don't need any address to use, so it doesn't really matter where you are.

As for distinguishing them: I've not actually seen one, directly (so take this well salted), but I understand they say something like "Sony eBook Store Gift Card" or some such. If you can get into a Borders and ask for gift cards for the Sony eBook Store, they folks there ought to be able to point you straight.

As an aside, I just want to make sure that you realize that you can buy books from a few other places (like Baen's Webscriptions.net and Fictionwise.com), and that you can convert from several other formats with just a bit of work. That opens things up quite a bit beyond the Sony store.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote