Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Alex_77
Alex_77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
KoboAura HD screen replacement

Hello, this morning my aura hd fell and the screen has broken

I chose this ereader because of its display 6.8 and looking for a new ereader with similar display dimension i realized that the cost is pretty high

I'm thinking to replace it and found at aliexpress some screen from 30 eur, but I would like to ask some opinion from someone who has done this and if it is worth it.

I understand that the quality it won't be the same, but I wonder if it is acceptable

Thanks
Alex_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
IvanDoganov
IvanDoganov has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
I replaced my Aura HD display maybe an year and a half ago. It worth it definitely, if there is some quality loss, it is hardly seen. Brought my display from aliexpress too, then cost 48EUR. Now it is 30EUR, so it is definitely a deal. The seller's name on Aliexpress is Shenzhen Xinsheng Electronics Co., Ltd.
IvanDoganov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:34 AM   #3
Alex_77
Alex_77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDoganov View Post
I replaced my Aura HD display maybe an year and a half ago. It worth it definitely, if there is some quality loss, it is hardly seen. Brought my display from aliexpress too, then cost 48EUR. Now it is 30EUR, so it is definitely a deal. The seller's name on Aliexpress is Shenzhen Xinsheng Electronics Co., Ltd.
Thanks, I really appreciate your reply and the info.

I will definetely buy it and replace it.
Alex_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #4
karthikrr
Enthusiast
karthikrr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (N250) / Kobo Aura (N514) / Sony PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDoganov View Post
Ah, I just messaged that same seller regarding the Kobo Aura screen! Since you already bought one, maybe you can help me with a doubt I have.

My existing broken screen has ED060XH3 (LF)H2-S5 printed on the ribbon cable. Aliexpress lists these only as ED060XH3. From the pictures I saw on all the sellers, ED060XH3 (LF) is always common, BUT the H2-S5 part varies. Does this matter?

Also, one particular seller made a note to ask about the resistance that is required. I have no idea how to find this?

Any inputs you have are appreciated. Thanks!

PS - Not hijacking someone else's thread. I figure this is useful information for the OP also!
karthikrr is offline   Reply With Quote