Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2024, 08:43 PM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Change "Date Added" metadata on Kobo to match the "Date" column in Calibre - solved

Whenever books are loaded onto the Kobo using Calibre, the value of "Date Added" metadata for each book on the Kobo is the date the book was added to the Kobo. Is there a way to have this value match the "Date" column in Calibre instead?

I am asking because whenever I reset my device or purchase a new device, I have to send thousands of books to the Kobo and sometimes I would like to sort the books in the collections on the Kobo by the date I added the books to Calibre, not the date I sent them to the device.

Sorry If I missed a post talking about this but searching for posts on "Date Added" wasn't helpful. Feel free to point me to any threads that discuss this or have a solution. Thanks!

Last edited by slantybard; 05-01-2024 at 09:39 PM. Reason: problem solved
slantybard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:56 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can use Kobo Utilities Update Metadata to set Date Added to Date.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:39 PM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Thank you David for your response. I was using the wrong update metadata function by selecting the "update metadata" from the device button instead of the kobo utilities
slantybard is online now   Reply With Quote