Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #16
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
lots of books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Last year I bought a Hamish Macbeth book from Fictionwise and was surprised to discover it was all about The Beatles.
Fictionwise fixed it in about 2 weeks.
I don't think it's their fault. They get the files elsewhere so they have to chase other firms to get mistakes fixed.
There was a similiar problem with the Harlequin bundles one month this year - they were actually the previous years books. That got fixed pretty quickly. It was probably Harlequin's error that time.
I've never had a problem Fictionwise hasn't fixed and I buy LOTS of books - at least 30 a month.
I buy books all the time from Fictionwise too! They most likely love me and are thinking that I will be sending their kids to college! LOL!

Normally I don't have any problems, which is why this one was so odd! Plus it seems like a publisher error not the fault of Fictionwise. I am sure if they had the correct file to start with they would have fixed it right away.

Though I am wondering if it is only the .lit file that is having the issue, but if that is the case why don't they just convert the mobi or pdf to a lit file? BoB has the book forsale as well but not in the .lit format. So it does make me wonder if it is just a problem with the .lit file not all of them.

I have not emailed for an update again yet, will do so in a couple of days, they estimated it would take at least a week, and they have probably been busy with getting bought out by B&N this past week.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:33 AM   #17
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
By the way, did you know that Toby Bishop is actually Louise Marley?
Nope I did not know that, I will have to check out some of the other books by her.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert