Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
They really do seem hell-bent on using up a gift card balance.
I'll say. The thing is, my credit card doubles the manufacturers warranty up to one year for free, but the entire purchase amount has to be charged to the card; otherwise, no additional warranty.

Anyway, because of quirks like this and issues I had with a return, I rarely purchase hard goods from Amazon any more. My purchases for the most part are now digital, so this issue is no longer a problem.

Thanks for the tips. I'll remember them if the need should ever arise.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Hmmm, when checking out I have been asked if I want to use my gift card credit or if I prefer to pay with a CC. Maybe it's because I'm outside the US?
I have no idea.
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
:Whipsers: you realize your responding to a monkey... :end whisper:
But intelligent. Notice the dignified look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Me likes to share bananas with monkey.
I haz free foot for more; yes

Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
With that small amount, Amazon did not even get the $0.01 and may have paid more than that to the Credit Card Company. Most of the time companies pay a percentage plus a small fee that averages $0.20.
Apache
I know. Why bother? I checked my statement and sure enough, there was a $0.01 charge.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #20
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Is it possible to purchase books, music, games, electronics etc... on Amazon with just gift cards? (no need to put in credit card #)?

I use a credit card but just curious if it is possible for someone to do this without having to have a credit card EVER.

lol..maybe I should just google this.

damn..got conflicting answer

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2195416AAcyuu0

I would guess most people use Credit/debit card only. A few use a mixed of Credit card and gift cards for Amazon. I wonder if there are a select few who use Gift Cards only and if it would work?

Last edited by Top100EbooksRank; 08-19-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #21
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
You need some method to pay for those gift cards. If they are available at outlets, then it shouldn't be a problem paying cash I suppose.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
can you purchase digital gift cards on the google play store? i mean, for international users?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #23
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
can you purchase digital gift cards on the google play store? i mean, for international users?
Purchase? Yes. Use? No. The checkout facility is different. Google Play is the worlds worst geo-restricted eStore ever.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote