Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Kobo Glo in Australia?

So it the Kobo Glo available in Australia yet?
Who will be/Are distributing them?
How much will they cost?

Thanks in advance!
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Collins Books is pre-selling then at $160.

The Kobobooks.com site has a where-to-buy page for the glo.

Rumour has it they will be here in November.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the update!
I've been dropping heavy hints to my wife to get me one for Xmas
So I can wait until November, meanwhile I'm still very happy with my Kobo Touch.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Bookworld is now saying they'll release Kobo Glos on 29 October:

http://www.bookworld.com.au/electron...blue/38077755/
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You will like it, it's a very nice reader. Got mine recently too cause it finally arrived here in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Thanks for the update!
I've been dropping heavy hints to my wife to get me one for Xmas
So I can wait until November, meanwhile I'm still very happy with my Kobo Touch.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post

Thanks. That's only a little more than a week away.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post

Now moved to early Nov on their website.

I did find http://www.bookworld.com.au/electron...Stock|PreOrder quite interesting, 1st December the Arc will be released. $299 for the 32gb.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
danskmacabre
Guru

Only a few days for the Kobo glo.
Think I better causally email that link to bookworld to my wife!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Only a few days for the Kobo glo.
Think I better causally email that link to bookworld to my wife!
Wouldn't it be better if it was a surprise when you bought if for her? Or at least, that's how it would work in my house.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
gtim108
Enthusiast
gtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
It's now mid November. Not Happy, Jan !
gtim108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moved now to "Released Mid November" from Borders/A&R. The Arc still dated for release from 1/12/12.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
danskmacabre
Guru

doh! . Oh well as long as it's released before xmas..
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #13
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I've been watching this release date push back and back and back - at this rate, I won't have my birthday present until Xmastime! Curses and botheration.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard

Border/A&R have a release date of 18/11/2012 on the product page for both Glo and Mini.

31/12/2012 for the Arc *cry*
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
murg
No Comment

A&R/Bookworld now say mid-November.

Collins has nothing on their Kobo order page. Not sure what this means...