Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah running more than one instance at a time is not recommended.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #17
don1011
Enthusiast
don1011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I did exactlly what you said but calibre still open with the old library
don1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can just change the library location within the GUI by running the config dialog.

First just copy paste your existing library folder to the new location. Then run the GUI. Change the library location to the new location. Then delete all books from the library.

You now have a new library, waiting to be loaded with books. You can switch back tot he old library using the config dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1011 View Post
I did exactlly what you said but calibre still open with the old library
I tried it and it works fine. However, make sure the path exists. It will not create it. If that path is wrong it will revert to the path in the calibre.ini file. Also, you will have to specify the --with-library on both shortcuts.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #20
DoctorYof
DoctorYof began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Calibre just gets better.

I now have two desktop shortcuts, one pointing to my mega-library and one to an easily manageable library of a few hundred books that works smoothly and quickly.

Best of all, I get to call the shortcuts "Large Calibre" and "Small Calibre"

Thanks again, Kovid!
DoctorYof is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #21
don1011
Enthusiast
don1011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It worked but it took me 48 hours to delete all my files

Thanks you for your help
don1011 is offline   Reply With Quote