Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
docusk
docusk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
PRS-300 behaving badly

Don't know if this is the right place to air my problem but I've been directed here so here goes.
I've had my PRS-300 for 2 years or more and till early this year it was going fairly well. (Last year I found the page turning was extremely slow and very annoying - as long as 20 seconds to tun the next page!)
Early this month (March) the slow paging returned, sometimes cured for a short while with a recharge, but after, say, 20 mins or so it returned. Other problems are that I am unable to delete the book(s) I have just finished reading, the page finder sometimes accepts the page number, the twin Arrows appear but then, screen bottom, it says 'Reloading' and takes a long time to recover and actually go to the page I asked for.

I'm sure this can't be right so if anyone has experienced this and maybe has a cure, do please let me know?
docusk
docusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Sounds like corrupted filesystem of InternalMemory (IM)

Shutdown the device via Settings.
Connect to USB and restart.
You should get the USB-connected screen
backup all your files from IM
run CHKDSK on IM, or even better
disconnect form USB, goto Settings - ?more? - ?format device? (? not sure about the correct menu titles)
restart
connect to your PC
copy back the content of \database\media\books
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
docusk
docusk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Thanks Mark. I have to go out now but wait till tomorrow!!! I'll sort his little bandwagon. Again, thanks.
Gee all the way from Austria, how the Book readers travel.
Regards, docusk
docusk is offline   Reply With Quote