Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #46
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramer View Post
Personally I've tried most of them and constantly come back to Stanza. I also have the Kindle app purely to read the few free books I download from Amazon.

I find the extra "stuff" on the screen in the Kindle app and iBooks exceptionally annoying even on the larger screen of the iPad. All I want on the screen is text - no fake pages, no massive (non adjustable) margins, no faux page turns.

Which is why I end up back with Stanza.........
+1. A major annoyance for me on iBooks is you can't turn off the page flip animation.

I like Stanza for the ability to customize font size (not just XS, S, M, L or XL), margins, justification/alignment, colors, etc. I've also used the search and annotate features a few times. Have to say, though, the syncing on Kindle is really convenient when reading on multiple devices.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #47
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I only have an iPhone so I have no need to sync my readings across devices. I use Stanza and it has never given me massive grief so I stick to it.

Maybe one day I'll try out iBooks
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #48
Beerman
Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.

Device: Ipad 2
I'm a relatively new iPad user (used my wife's Kindle) but I've not yet made up my mind about iBooks or eStanza and like them both. I can't be sure but I think moving around the books in iBooks is a tad bit faster but that wouldn't sway me one way or another. I'm just glad to have lots of free options.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #49
SandyHarper
Banned
SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
I don't know. Kindle may be the most popular but perhaps not the best.
SandyHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 AM   #50
Ylurien
Ylurien began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Umm, Goodreader?

No mention of Goodreader? That app is great on so many levels: can invert colors or even read with a red text/brick red background, which is really easy on the eyes. Not to mention the fact that loading up books in it is stupid simple thanks to its integration with Dropbox.

Sure, iBooks looks pretty, but it's like every other piece of Apple software: it lacks customizability and assumes one shoe fits all feet.
Ylurien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #51
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
I'm a relatively new iPad user (used my wife's Kindle) but I've not yet made up my mind about iBooks or eStanza and like them both. I can't be sure but I think moving around the books in iBooks is a tad bit faster but that wouldn't sway me one way or another. I'm just glad to have lots of free options.
You may want to consider using the Kindle app for iPad as it would give you and your wife the opportunity to share e-books.
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote