Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Books in "Open" Status

Is there any reliable means of getting the status of books consistent between the 1.9 Desktop and the Kobo Wifi?

I spent time yesterday ensuring all books in kePub format were finished on the Kobo, and also that they were all finished on the Desktop.

After that sync's were done between the Desktop and the Kobo book store, then the Wifi and the book store.

Some books "magically" reappear on the Kobo as being Open now and NOT finished.

GRRR
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Is there any reliable means of getting the status of books consistent between the 1.9 Desktop and the Kobo Wifi?

I spent time yesterday ensuring all books in kePub format were finished on the Kobo, and also that they were all finished on the Desktop.

After that sync's were done between the Desktop and the Kobo book store, then the Wifi and the book store.

Some books "magically" reappear on the Kobo as being Open now and NOT finished.

GRRR
The short answer is no.

The fault lies with the desktop application. It's a known issue that Kobo is working on.

Basically you should ignore the status icons of the books on the desktop app. Those are a local status and the ability to sync that status isn't implemented yet.

The status of books on your e-Reader are properly reflected back to the Kobo web servers when you sync, and will be relected on other devices properly, but the status icons on the desktop application after an Update Library will be incorrect.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
But then how and when and why do books on the Kobo itself get reset to being Open? After all everything was finished!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
But then how and when and why do books on the Kobo itself get reset to being Open? After all everything was finished!
The reader has multiple status conditions that includes: Finished (read past the last page of a book), Closed (opened and then closed with Close function), Unread (never opened), Open (opened, but not up to 1%), Open % Read (opened and at or greater than 1% read).

The desktop app doesn't have these Finished and Closed differences in status and it causes unpredictable problems with the status of books on the eReader.

My solution. I never touch the books on the desktop app with my mouse. I only use it for sync (to get my books I purchase onto my eReader) and Update Library (to get the new books I purchase onto the desktop app to see my library). If you leave the books alone on the app, there's never any problems.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote