Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
The Gods of Dream -- a new fantasy adventure

Enter a world of dreams and nightmares....

see larger version

THE GODS OF DREAM

a fantasy novel
by Daniel Arenson
author of Firefly Island and Flaming Dove

What are dreams? Some think they are figments of our mind. But what if they were wisps of a distant, magical world… a world you could visit?

Twins Cade and Tasha discover Dream, the land dreams come from. It is a realm of misty forests, of verdant mountains, of mysterious gods who send dreams into our sleep. Cade and Tasha seek solace there; they are refugees, scarred and haunted with memories of war. In Dream, they can forget their past, escape the world, and find joy.

Phobetor, the god of Nightmare, was outcast from Dream. Now he seeks to destroy it. He sends his monsters into Dream, and Cade and Tasha find their sanctuary threatened, dying. To save it, the twins must overcome their past, journey into the heart of Nightmare, and face Phobetor himself.

Discover a world of light and darkness, of hope and fear, of dreams and nightmares. Discover The Gods of Dream.

"I'm hooked. It's fantastic. The descriptions of Nightmare will stay with you all day long." -- Michael Crane, author of Lessons and Other Morbid Drabbles

* Buy from Kindle store - FREE!

* Buy for Nook - FREE!

* Buy from Kindle UK

* Buy from Smashwords - FREE!

* The Gods of Dream Website

I hope you enjoy reading The Gods of Dream.

Last edited by DArenson; 07-13-2011 at 09:24 AM.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

The Gods of Dream features a beautiful cover by renowned artist Elena Dudina. I'm very thankful that Ms. Dudina agreed to create cover art for me.

I included only a small image on this thread, to comply with MobileRead guidelines. However, I'd like to share the larger version with you. To view the full artwork, and learn more about it, please visit:

http://www.DanielArenson.com/DreamArtwork.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Happy New Year!

Daniel
Old 01-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It is a beautiful cover. I've downloaded the sample to give it a look.
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
It is a beautiful cover. I've downloaded the sample to give it a look.
Thanks, Nashira. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
DArenson
ebookworm

Hey guys,

Just a reminder: The Gods of Dream is still waiting for your eReaders! If you're looking for a fantasy adventure, I think you'll enjoy this one. It's available at the Kindle store and Smashwords. So grab a free sample, and enjoy.

Daniel

Last edited by DArenson; 01-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
ShaneR
Enthusiast
ShaneR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650; PW2
Downloaded a sample from Smashwords, Daniel, so I'll give it a look. The premise sounds interesting.

Oh...yes, the cover IS great.

Shane.
ShaneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneR View Post
Downloaded a sample from Smashwords, Daniel, so I'll give it a look. The premise sounds interesting.

Oh...yes, the cover IS great.

Shane.
Thanks, Shane. Have you seen the full artwork?

Take a look: http://www.DanielArenson.com/images/TheGodsOfDream.jpg
Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
DArenson
ebookworm

The Gods of Dream received its second Amazon review today -- for five stars.

Mary writes, "What an experience! A book to make you smile, cry, laugh, despair, sigh, and dream. Beautifully flowing quest of a brother and his twin sister."

It's been a weekend full of reviews for my books -- I've received five across Amazon since yesterday.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
DArenson
ebookworm

As I write this on Friday evening, The Gods of Dream is listed among Amazon's bestselling epic fantasy novels.

It's also on SALE this weekend for $0.99.

If you'd like a copy, please grab a Kindle one here.

You may also download The Gods of Dream from Smashwords for $0.99. Use the coupon DP93J here.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy reading my novel.

Last edited by DArenson; 01-14-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Daniel, every time I see the book cover for The Gods of Dream, I am blown away by how eye-catching it is! Up until now, I have resisted purchasing because my to-be-read list is so long. But I finally gave in and just purchased your book at Amazon! I'm looking forward to reading it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
I downloded the sample. Yes, the cover is beautiful.
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
DArenson
ebookworm

Thank you, DreamWriter and mountain_lion! I hope you enjoy the book.

I want to talk a bit about what inspired The Gods of Dream.

With this novel, I tried to create a "Narnia for older readers". If you escaped into Narnia in your childhood, now--as an adult or teenager--you might want a new world to explore. The world of Dream is my Narnia, an enchanted sanctuary few can visit. There is beauty and magic there, but danger and adventure too. If you loved C.S. Lewis's Narnia or Tolkien's Middle Earth, I'm hoping you enjoy discovering Dream. Let me know what you think of it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
Thank you, DreamWriter and mountain_lion! I hope you enjoy the book.

I want to talk a bit about what inspired The Gods of Dream.

With this novel, I tried to create a "Narnia for older readers". If you escaped into Narnia in your childhood, now--as an adult or teenager--you might want a new world to explore. The world of Dream is my Narnia, an enchanted sanctuary few can visit. There is beauty and magic there, but danger and adventure too. If you loved C.S. Lewis's Narnia or Tolkien's Middle Earth, I'm hoping you enjoy discovering Dream. Let me know what you think of it.
That sounds like a lovely inspiration. But first things first. I purchased Firefly Island the other day and put it on this year's reading list.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:15 AM   #14
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I agree with Caleb, it's a nice description.

I purchased this a couple weeks ago, and it's next on my TBR list; I have to finish Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell first.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #15
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
I purchased this a couple weeks ago, and it's next on my TBR list; I have to finish Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell first.

What do you think of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell?

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote