Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
jetBook Lite for $35.01? [with free added items taken into account]

Kris has pointed out that Newegg has a new deal on the jetBook Lite running through the 20th: $89.99 with a free leather case and a free earlight and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723010

Let's do the math.

Newegg offers the earlight for $29.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...aco%20earlight

Newegg offers the leather case for $24.99 ($5.00 off).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...%20lite%20case

Subtract those two figures from the current $89.99 bundle price, and you get $35.01 for the jetBook Lite itself!

And that's still not deducting anything for the shipping. What would you say the shipping is worth? $5.02? That would bring the price of the JBL down to $29.99!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-19-2010 at 10:26 AM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
That is a pretty good deal.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I notice that Newegg says, "Limit 5 per customer".
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
GrouchoM
Enthusiast
GrouchoM began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'd buy this but Im afraid this will die on me. If I was in the US it wouldn't be a problem but sending it back for replacement from Pakistan would be hell. L(

Last edited by GrouchoM; 12-15-2010 at 04:30 AM.
GrouchoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Ear light is not really worth that much $$$ in my opinion, but its still not too bad a deal. I really was hoping to see them drop back to the 70$ mark though. Perhaps after christmas.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Bill, you're probably right that the ear light is not worth $30. A look at Amazon shows that $15 appears to be more in the ballpark.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_9462qtlwtb_b

However, I think that shipping would probably come in at $8.00 for most websites.

So using the $15 and $8 figures, we get $42.00 for the jetBook Lite. Still the best eBook reader bargain of the year in my book.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I see that Overstock.com started sell jetBook Lite and jetBook mini too
http://www.overstock.com/search?keyw...rchType=Header
jetbook Lite - $99, jetBook mini - $99.99
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Kris, remember how a year ago we thought that $117 for a JBL was an incredible bargain? Now, Overstock's $99.00 price seems like a bad deal!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
this is a bad joke
please change your title.
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #10
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Mine's on the way.

My hair is a little on the long side, and I wear reading glasses, so I'm not sure that I'll get any use out of the light. Still a good deal, though!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhat View Post
this is a bad joke
please change your title.

Title expanded.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Kris, remember how a year ago we thought that $117 for a JBL was an incredible bargain? Now, Overstock's $99.00 price seems like a bad deal!
Agree .
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I got my JB with a free earlight. I soon replaced it with one of those LED head light bands that take three AAA. (Looks like a mini Miners lamp). The elastic head band is comfortable. The light is adjustable in power as well as angle. I use it strickly for reading in bed when all the lights are off. The variable power is nice and I find that I can read for quite awhile without any eye strain.

The light was $1 at the Dollar store and the Panasonic Alkaline batteries cost $2 for 5 batteries at the same place. They last quite awhile.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote