Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #1351
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
- - - - -
I felt pretty safe taking airplane mode off after our initial testing yesterday to sync some content, and that must be when it happened. I thought only the letter had come through and not an update because I saw no changes - until now. So some updates can apparently get through.
Our "OTA user control" stuff is only targeted at firmware updates.

If they want to update your books, or something else -
those things aren't tested for or intended to be controlled.

I suppose they could be but I don't think anyone ever worked on that type of control.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #1352
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Thanks for the info. Makes sense then. I'm fine with the changes, just found it surprising. Comforting though that the locking mechanisms in place worked.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #1353
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Hi, I have some question. I read - Jailbrake are survived from updating. So, I updated from 5.4.x to 5.6.1 manually from setting "update" function. Do my Jailbreak survive??

KUAL ask me about MK kit.. How do i install it?? just like older version (5.4.x)?? I need KO-reader. I want jailbreak..

Thank u...
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #1354
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Divion: Hold off on FW 5.6.1 for now, it's evil and mostly unsupported by custom stuff.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #1355
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divion View Post
Hi, I have some question. I read - Jailbrake are survived from updating. So, I updated from 5.4.x to 5.6.1 manually from setting "update" function. Do my Jailbreak survive??

KUAL ask me about MK kit.. How do i install it?? just like older version (5.4.x)?? I need KO-reader. I want jailbreak..

Thank u...
Try this upgrading overview:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=6
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #1356
alistair y
alistair y began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
007 error when applying jailbreak

Thanks for the work you are putting in. I would like an easier way of handling collections than the crude tools native to the kindle. My Kindle software is v 5.4.4.2 and I have tried to follow your instructions to the letter but keep getting a 007 error.
Attached is what the Kindle looks like before applying the update. Can you point out my error please?
Many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	131353  
alistair y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #1357
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You need to unzip the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip zipfile, and put the contents in the root of the Kindle drive. You just put the zipfile itself there.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:54 AM   #1358
alistair y
alistair y began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
You are a star e schwartz. Thank you.
Cheers
Alistair
alistair y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #1359
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair y View Post
You are a star e schwartz. Thank you.
Cheers
Alistair
You're welcome.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #1360
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 1.13.N, which is the big update ensuring PW2 users won't get screwed by FW 5.6.1 .

I'll say it again, but you absolutely NEED to upgrade your jailbreak before applying the 5.6.1 update.

----

This one was fairly annoying, so many, many thanks to our sacrificial lambs^W^Wguinea pigs @pghaworth & @GoSharks, in particular @pghaworth for his patience and willingness to test the few iterations it took to get it right, and dealing with a screwed up userstore in the first place . Yay!

@kaznelson/@eschwartz: You'll both be happy to know that this thing got so annoyingly complex that, yes, it now saves both Rescue Packs, and provides a hook for emergency scripting .
Old 11-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #1361
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Nice!

Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:41 AM   #1362
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Released 1.13.N, which is the big update ensuring PW2 users won't get screwed by FW 5.6.1 .
Gandalf
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:07 AM   #1363
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@dsmid: Believe it or not, I used the name before realizing it would be set up on a bridge... .
Old 11-26-2014, 06:42 AM   #1364
Asparagus
Asparagus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

I'll say it again, but you absolutely NEED to upgrade your jailbreak before applying the 5.6.1 update.
That's fine and THX for the work. But unfortunately I installed FW 5.4.3, jailbreaked it. After that I deleted all folders on root directory and upgraded to new firmware 5.6.1.

Could you help me what to do?

thx in advance
Asparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #1365
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
That's fine and THX for the work. But unfortunately I installed FW 5.4.3, jailbreaked it. After that I deleted all folders on root directory and upgraded to new firmware 5.6.1.

Could you help me what to do?

thx in advance
Install a 1v8, low voltage serial to USB adapter on the operator's console port.

The overview guide:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=6
Has links in its References section that will help you downgrade.
I.E: Consider it 'bricked' now and continue from there.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch