Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
How to transfer books to Sd card with CM7?

I see several posts talking about DropBox and Myphoneexplorer but no matter how many times I search, nothing tells me how to do this in a smooth process. How hard can it really be? I just want to put my books on the sd card so I can read them while using cm7. Help?
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
How hard can it really be?
It is really quite easy if you do it the way it seems to have been intended. If you are using a Windows PC just connect the Nook running CM7 to the PC via USB. When you see the USB icon appear in the status bar (may be some delay) tap the icon to open the USB Status screen. There will be a "USB Connected" button there for you to tap. You will then have the opportunity to tap the "Turn on USB storage" button. After you tap that button Windows will see the Nook running CM7 as a USB drive with two available drives in "Devices with Removable Storage". One drive will be the SD card storage and the other drive will be the internal media storage located at /mnt/emmc. After that just drag and drop the books to wherever you need them to be.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur

I can see how this should work, but when I do this, It flips to USB debugging and then disconnects the usb connection on the nook. Is there something I need to change or fix?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur

Also, I finally go it connected for 45 seconds and it shows the drive but only has 94KB of storage. Do I need to do a wipe of the sd card and start over to load cm7?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
I can see how this should work, but when I do this, It flips to USB debugging and then disconnects the usb connection on the nook. Is there something I need to change or fix?
It is hard to tell what is going on from your description. In settings, I have USB connection type set to "Charge Only", but I also have it set to "Ask Me" whenever the device is connected to a PC via USB. So that is how mine was set up when I ran through it to write the description for you. FWIW, this connection procedure is basic Android and is not specific to just CM7.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
I use this app which you can get from market ES File explorer

You just then connect to your PC by wifi and move files.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
Are your books already on the internal memory of your Nook? Mine were, so I used file manager > home > emmc, select the book name, press and hold, options to move, copy, etc. come up. It will not let you move them, but it will let you copy, so copy to sdcard > Books. Then Aldiko will see them and you can import to it.
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote