Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Robert J. Sawyer’s WWW: Wake

I just finished Robert J. Sawyer’s new book Wake which is the first book of a planned trilogy. It was a pleasant surprise to find out the book is set in my home stomping ground of Waterloo Ontario. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it especially if you’ve enjoyed his other books.

I noticed that he’s on tour right now promoting the book and I plan on going to the event in Waterloo on May 21st. I hope others can get out to support a local Canadian author and MobileRead member!

http://www.sfwriter.com/lnappear.htm
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Thanks for the heads up. I"ve been wanting to read Flashforward by him but have yet to get my hands on a mobipocket version. Is this one out in mobi?

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know he had a new book out. Calculating God is one of my favorites, so I'm hoping I'll be able to catch him on his tour.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I"ve been wanting to read Flashforward by him but have yet to get my hands on a mobipocket version. Is this one out in mobi?

Mel
Yes it's available in Secure Mobipocket at Fictionwise.
http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook84373.htm
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Thanks for the endorsement. When I saw it mentioned somewhere -- probably in another thread here at MobileRead -- I downloaded the sample from Amazon. It's nice to know that someone reports that it is a book they enjoyed.

I use the samples on my Kindle as a reminder: a book that sounded good to me, but which I'm not ready to purchase yet. In most cases, "not ready to purchase" is because I have too many other books queued up to read and I don't want to expend the funds until I'm fairly sure I'll get to the book.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert