Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 02:19 AM   #226
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Was trying the 1.58 version on Calibre beta 1.203.1 x64 and worked until I hit the help link.
The help file is missing from the zip - attaching one from prior release (in a zip), drop the Open With Help.htm into ...\calibre\plugins\Open With.zip, no need to reinstall

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip Open With Help.zip (5.6 KB, 344 views)
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't know how I missed that. And thanks BR and Kovid for fixing it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #228
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@davidfor - FYI - not sure if this is related to missing help file, probably not.

This morning I discovered that my customisations had gone up the spout. The list of programs was OK (I long ago deleted the preconfigured ones - most which I don't have), but they were all targeting the COVER and my keyboard shortcuts had gone down the gurgler.

I noticed that when I did the update I was asked which menu I wanted it on - a'la a new install. I suspect it has do to with the fact that I had the beta version installed.

I was able to put it all back together easy enough - but thought you & kiwidude might like to know.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #229
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Does/did Sigil ever have a 64bit version, because Open With assumes it is in C:/Program Files/Sigil.
Until v7.0, Sigil had a 64 bit version so last 64 bit version was 6.2. I seem to remember the Windows x64 version was dropped due to issues with moving to QT5. At that time, the precompiled QT5 library for Windows was x86 only.

When Sigil 7.2 was released, I tried compiling for a Windows x64 platform and generated a fine selection of error messages over quite a few compile cycles. The final attempt compiled and ran but I could see no differences between x86 and x64 performance and never bothered to try recompiling the later versions.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 07-31-2014 at 01:11 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #230
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Command line

I wanted to copy selected epub files to Dropbox folder to share easily, so I wrote this command line in a cmd file
Code:
copy %1 "F:\Data\Clouds\Dropbox\public\Books2Share"
I then config Open with to point to that cmd file. But it doesn't function.

Please advise me.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #231
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I wanted to copy selected epub files to Dropbox folder to share easily, so I wrote this command line in a cmd file
Code:
copy %1 "F:\Data\Clouds\Dropbox\public\Books2Share"
I then config Open with to point to that cmd file. But it doesn't function.

Please advise me.
You don't need that batch file and you don't need Open With. Just "save to disk" and save straight to your Dropbox directory on your computer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #232
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Thank you, and you are quite right.

Even drag-and-drop works.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:38 AM   #233
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Thank you, and you are quite right.

Even drag-and-drop works.
Drag and drop though does not ensure the metadata or cover are updated within the book. Using Save to disk as JSWolf suggests ensures both of these things are done.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #234
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Is it possible to configure this plugin to open PDF files with a Windows App like Drawboard (https://www.drawboard.com/)?

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #235
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Is it possible to configure this plugin to open PDF files with a Windows App like Drawboard (https://www.drawboard.com/)?

Cheers.
Customize it, the sample (default) set has Adobe ,
just make a new entry or change that one to your Prog
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #236
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Drawboard is a Windows 8 Modern UI app. I tried to use it with the Open-with-Plugin, but didn't succeed.

Has anyone managed to use a Windows 8 app with this plugin? There is some discussion here about starting Modern UI apps from the command line:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...m-command-line

There are some tools here: (works to start an app, but I haven't found a way to tell the app to open the file)

http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downl...app-launchers/
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #237
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Deleted

Last edited by AnotherCat; 10-28-2014 at 01:02 AM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #238
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindasauge View Post
Drawboard is a Windows 8 Modern UI app. I tried to use it with the Open-with-Plugin, but didn't succeed.

Has anyone managed to use a Windows 8 app with this plugin? There is some discussion here about starting Modern UI apps from the command line:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...m-command-line

There are some tools here: (works to start an app, but I haven't found a way to tell the app to open the file)

http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downl...app-launchers/
The easiest way that I have worked out to get an App to open with the Open With plugin is to just create a one line batch file with the App's AppUserModalId thus:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\{AppUserModalId}

then convert that to an .exe (using any of the on-line or off-line tools found with Google). The .exe is then entered as the Application path in the plugin.

But as you have found this only opens the App. I have not really investigated any further as I suspect that the solution will depend on the App's ability to accept an argument from the plugin to open the book and the plugin's ability to send the correct argument, neither of which I suspect have been implemented in the relevant Apps and the plugin.

It would be very useful though.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #239
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
So the question is: What is the correct argument?

In Windows Explorer one can right-click a file and under "Open with" also choose Modern UI apps to open the file. Can that behavior somehow be copied to the plugin?
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #240
AnotherCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindasauge View Post
So the question is: What is the correct argument?
I doubt very much if it is going to be as easy as that and I had put the possibility aside as being unlikely to happen.

As far as I am aware it definitely requires the App to be specially coded to allow it (and likely the desktop one too), that is if it is even possible at all as being able to do so seems very improbable or at least very tricky due to the sandboxing of the Store Apps. A Store App programmer could comment more accurately and expansively?

The best way around it that I have thought of would be to use Marty_B's Calibre Viewer App ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=238129 ) which is available in the Store. Apart from the normal usage of running that alone (which is what I do if using a notebook rather than a desktop PC), if it is not running already and one is in Calibre one could also start it from the Open With plugin, as described above using the AppUserModalId, and then navigate to the required book which on clicking will open with one's default reading App for the book type. Again that does not get the book to open directly from the plugin and is hard to justify doing, but I feel it is probably as close as one will get at this time if wanting to use the Open With plugin to read a book with a Store App.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 10-28-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Tags
conversion, kepubify