Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Note Taking on the Pocketbook 360

Hello,

Can anybody describe to me how the note taking works on the pocketbook 360, given that it doesn't have a keyboard or touch screen? I assume it uses the d-pad in a manner similar to an old school cell phone, but will this work to allow any decent speed in note taking (i.e. would I be able to take notes at a meeting like I can with my Sony 700 or my wife's Kindle?). This device looks awesome and I am excited that it is available in the US, but I want to clarify this before I decide to purchase it.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Here is the quote from the other thread here, it's somebody who just got the PB360:
------------------------
Here a short review after some 20 hours of reading on the device:
First, I am even more impressed then I was in the beginning:
The software runs very stable and supports such things as the adding of Fonts from Windows (just drag&drop), user changeble margins while reading (!!!) - no more wasted screen estate- as well as auto hyphenation, and dictionaries.
I was surprised at how easy it was to write notes, even if the device doesn't have a touch screen. Today I will buy my first drm epub for the pocketbook and give it a test run with it too...
cheers,
kaas
------------
I'm not sure that it would be as fast as on any touchscreen, but still it is easy and relatively fast. There is a virtual keyboard and you move between the keys with the help of buttons.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert