Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Calendar Tool (preview)

Hello all,

I started working on a simple calendar tool and wanted to show my progress so far. It is still not yet complete, but I think it is 'workable'.

It starts up showing the current month and the next 4 (See attached screenshot) plus the current and next week. Pressing a date in one of the months will show that and next week. Pressing in the caption of the month (name of the month) will show the next/previous 1-4 month. Click on left-side: previous, click on right side: next. The number of months that are shifted, depends on the month you click on (just try).

I did not have time yet to create a dialog to enter new 'events', so you need to add them manually in a file. See the Programs/_mxCalendar/events.db, it is a plain text file that can be edited with any editor.
Example:
E:Launch mxCalender V0.1,08152009,1,0
Syntax:
<type>:<name>,<date>,<repeat-type>,<period>
Be carefull to limit the <name> of the events to 30 characters and the <date> with the month first (then day, year). Keep the last two parameters as in the example (the one means it is a yearly occuring event and the 0 means it repeats forever, both parameters are not yet used by the program, but will be in the future.) A comma delimits the fields in the file, so do not use commas in the name of the event. The leading 'E:' is required so it is recognised as an event.
Currently every event is shown yearly, so it is nothing more then a Birthday Calendar. But, I plan to extend the program to an agenda/todo program, somewhere in the coming months/year.

Please give me your comments on changes/improvements/additions you would like to have (and report any bugs). I will be going on holiday shortly, so not expect much reactions from me the coming weeks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Programs_mxCalendar_V0.1.zip (62.0 KB, 337 views)
File Type: pdf screenshot mxCalendar.pdf (43.3 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by Mackx; 08-15-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: changed the screenshot to an english screenshot
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It works as described. However the lines could do with being a bit thicker as it seems rather "light" on my DR.

What about following the vcard format for inputing entries? It is still a text file and then you could directly import from numerous sources. Your syntax is very similar anyway.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
It works as described. However the lines could do with being a bit thicker as it seems rather "light" on my DR.

What about following the vcard format for inputing entries? It is still a text file and then you could directly import from numerous sources. Your syntax is very similar anyway.
Thanks for the feedback, I will put it on my list. W.r.t. the vcard format, I guess you would also like to see the rest of the vcard content ... kind of disguised way to ask for extra features ;-)

PS: I saw that my DR was still set to Dutch-language when I made the screenshot, I updated it now with an English version.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well, not when I posted. It was really that it was easy to export a vcard file to test it with but I then had to strip it down and re-save. However...

Great work on all your projects though
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Mackx
Guru

Added event entry dialog

I added a dialog to enter or modify 'events' (delete is not yet possible ...). When clicking on an event, that event can be modified, else a new event can be added.
I did not test it that much and the code has not been made very robust for incorrect input, but I thought it was a usefull addition to post here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Programs_mxCalendar_V0.2.zip (72.1 KB, 311 views)
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
Mackx
Guru

New update mxCalendar for DR V0.3

Over the lasts month I added some small stuff here and there on the calendar tool. A lot of things still have to be improved, this is just an update of my current state.
The main change is an EventView, that can be selected via the menu and shows all entered events.

To install: Copy content of the zip file on your SD-card.

To edit an existing event, click on it, to get an edit dialog. To enter a new event, click on a position away from existing events. When the year is unknown or not relevant, use '0000' for the year. Enter dates with month first.

I anyone using this tool?
Attached Files
File Type: zip mxCalendar_V0.3.zip (84.3 KB, 308 views)