Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Exclamation Series numbering sometimes incorrect

When I'm using the "Edit metadata individually > Download metadata" to add missing info, I noticed that sometimes the downloaded series number when pressing "Ok" on "Edit metadata individually" is not used, but replaced by what seems the last known series number + 1.

It does not happen always, most of the time the downloaded series number is correctly used. There seems not to be a specific setup to reproduce it, but it happens often enough to monitor each update to be sure.

Anybody a clue?

Last edited by DrChiper; 01-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
When I'm using the "Edit metadata individually > Download metadata" to add missing info, I noticed that sometimes the downloaded series number when pressing "Ok" on "Edit metadata individually" is not used, but replaced by what seems the last known series number + 1.

It does not happen always, most of the time the downloaded series number is correctly used. There seems not to be a specific setup to reproduce it, but it happens often enough to monitor each update to be sure.

Anybody a clue?
I am guessing that maybe your Meta source does not have a Arabic (1,2,3...) number associated with the Series so Calibre's series numbering (there is a Tweak for that) rules kick in.

Sometimes the source numbering an I do not agree on the proper placement of full volumes (short stories in Anthologies are not full volumes and I assign a series number fraction ie 4.5, 0.2) within the series. Some series have clear numbering on the cover, others are simply the (original, first) Publication order.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well it seems to happen both when there was no previous series number at all, and when there is an old (prefilled) one. But as said, it only happens once in a while.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The series index is set according to the series tweak (series_index_auto_increment) if the series name changes in some way, including case changes.

Looking at the code, my guess is that in your odd cases the series name is changing to a name that already exists, which will cause the series index to be updated according to the tweak. My reading implies that the signal that triggers this update occurs after the downloaded index value is written into the series_index box, with the result that the downloaded value is replaced by the computed value.

I agree that this is not desired behavior. I suggest you file a bug report.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish

@Chaley, as i'm updating metadata, serie names certainly may change once a while, so it seems plausable.

I filed it as a possible bug #918751

Thanks for the response
Advert