Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook and Wifi use

I am happy to report that I was able to log into my secure access point with my Nook. The device allows you to type in the SSID type of security (if any) and the required password. So saying that it can only connect to open no login screen access points is not entirely correct. I imagine there might be a problem at places like Paradise Bakery that do have you click a link on a browser screen.

Not sure how much I will use this but at least it works better than expected.

While browsing the store there were speed improvement over using the 3G connection.
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
That's good to know!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Propheous
Connoisseur
Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I think they were meaning you can only log into access points were the security is on the point and not browser based.

Does it support all security types?
Propheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propheous View Post

Does it support all security types?
I saw WEP and WPA. Auto and None are the other 2 options.
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote