Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Moon Reader Pro and ColorDict not working

I recently got a Nexus 5 and I installed ColorDict on it just like I did on my 2 previous phones but it doesn't seem to be working. When I try to look up a word it'll show me Wikipedia and other sites and it has a dialog over that that says there's no data and asking if I want to install the data. If I say yes it takes me to a search of ColorDict editions on Google Play.

I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but it still does the same thing.

Does anyone know if this might be a temporary glitch ColorDict is having, or maybe Moon+ is having? Or does anyone know of some other cause? Or someplace I might look for a cause?

I also have a Moto G with this same stuff installed and it all works perfectly there. And on my Fire Phone where I've ported it over from my Moto G it also works perfectly. Moon+ seems to work fine on my Nexus 5 but the dictionary isn't working. I can set it to use an online dictionary but I don't have service on this phone, it's mainly a pocket computer, and I'm often not online when I'm away from the house, which is when I use it most for reading.

Any help or tips or pointers to information will be appreciated. I realize I can contact Moon+ and maybe the developers of ColorDict but I thought it might be well to ask in here first.

Thanks,
Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Moon+/ColorDict works OK on my Samsung phone.

Have you remembered to configure the Dictionary in Moon+? It's at the very bottom of the Miscellaneous Options screen.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Did you install the DictData? It is two separate installs - one for the dictionary app and one for the data.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does ask me to install DictData and then it takes me to Google Play to a page full of other language dictionaries. I don't see anything to install that's called DictData.

Also, I did try configuring it. I've done pretty much the same as on my older phone, which works like a charm.

Barry
Old 12-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #5
barryem
Wizard

I found the problem. It turns out to be the nut behind the wheel. Me!

I did install DictData but I forgot I had to open it to install the data. I did that and now it's working fine.

Whew!
Barry