Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Is this a unique idea for bookmarks?

I have yet to change anything on my PRS-505. Also, if this has been discussed before, I offer my apologies.

Here's the idea:

Why not use the page numbers on the right to correspond roughly to where one would like to place a bookmark?

I'm thinking that the page button, in conjunction with another button, could be used for this. Then the bookmark icon would appear to the right of the screen (where the page number button is).

Is that a feasible idea?

I won't feel offended if this is a bad idea, or if it's already been discussed.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm not sure if you can have multiple button presses at the same time be registered as a separate press.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
mkaluza
mkaluza began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
they probably will, but there's a way around it - pressing bookmark button swaps the doDigit function (saving the old one) to ours and starts the timer. If a number is pressed before the time passes, bookmark v2 is set, doDigit function is restored and the timer is killed. Otherwise the doDigit function is restored and old style bookmark is set.

The real problem (for me at least) is how to actually remember the bookmark
1) get the part of the page as a description (but on the other hand you can enter your own description - soon )
2) save the bookmark in reader's bookmark database - I have no idea there it is and how to access it from internal javascript...
mkaluza is offline   Reply With Quote