Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
pulsar
Connoisseur
pulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfolded

Device: kindle 3, kobo vox
Turn your Kobo Vox into a baby monitor: I just got a cheap Chinese WiFi webcam (a clone of Foscam) from ebay - surprisingly good quality, full tilt and pan, very useable at night (IR), for 55$ shipped. It works very well with a couple of android apps on my Kobo Vox - I tried IP Cam Viewer Pro 4.0.7, and tinyCam Monitor Pro 3.3.1 (in both apps, I chose "Foscam" as the camera make, generic model.). Tilt and pan work, camera's mike also. TinyCam can be set up to launch the video full screen with a single tap on the app, it takes ~1 second to start streaming. My three weeks old daughter will now be safer, thanks to Kobo Vox!
pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #17
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Now that's creative!!
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #18
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Now that's cool!
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
Darnielle
Enthusiast
Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Darnielle knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kobo Vox
Now that's what I call music!

There's some great ideas in this thread, you people put me to shame! I've only had mine two days, but I have two main plans for the device:

1) Get some form of DosBox set up, along with ScummVM;
2) Find a way of integrating the Vox with my network

I have a WDTV Live hooked up in the bedroom that has a 1TB external HDD. I can stream files from the PC to it, and more importantly I can browse the 1TB external drive from my PC and send files over to it. What I'd like to do is to be able to use the Vox as a network-enabled file manager... I'm doubtful that this is possible, but with the right apps and a little ingenuity who knows?
Darnielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnielle View Post
I have a WDTV Live hooked up in the bedroom that has a 1TB external HDD. I can stream files from the PC to it, and more importantly I can browse the 1TB external drive from my PC and send files over to it. What I'd like to do is to be able to use the Vox as a network-enabled file manager... I'm doubtful that this is possible, but with the right apps and a little ingenuity who knows?
Totally possible. I very much like ES File Explorer, it has a nice interface for browsing different network sources (FTP, Samba, Dropbox all in one place). In order to control your TV as well as access the films on it it, try Skifta - it's pretty straightforward to use, doesn't have too many buttons and is stable. You should also be able to stream films or music from the Kobo to the TV with it.
ScummVM works and has a native port :-) (if you were planning on using ScummVM trough DosBox?... you can cut out DosBox if you want) The latest stable release is good.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #21
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Yes, I'm using ES File Explorer myself to browse my Windows XP, 7 and 2008 Server network. It's a bit clumsy to use, as you would expect with such a small screen, but watching videos usually works well.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote