Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #16
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Oh, I sooo feel smoldering envy for the 1st and 4th places >_<. But congrats!

darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #17
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good going, MR and the winners. Congratulations. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #18
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Congratulations to all the winners, and a special thanks to MR and Alex for another great contest!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Wow! Great! Thanks for the competition Alex and the mods (particularly PoohBear for the great writing).

Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #20
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Wow! Great! Thanks for the competition Alex and the mods (particularly PoohBear for the great writing).

Yes, I laughed out loud several times while reading! Great writing!

Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #21
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
A huge to Alex, Poohbear (for torturing us), and the whole team!

I'm humbled and amazed that I actually won without having the right answer (well I did and deleted it, but that doesn't count, does it?)

Congratulations to all winners, and special congratulations to those who got it right!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #22
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
A huge to Alex, Poohbear (for torturing us), and the whole team!

I'm humbled and amazed that I actually won without having the right answer (well I did and deleted it, but that doesn't count, does it?)

Congratulations to all winners, and special congratulations to those who got it right!
That's OK - we'll just delete your voucher before you can use it!

[Just kidding! Really! (Alex - don't push that red button) You won!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #23
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Congrats to all the winners!!! An thanks to poohbear for the story, alex for hosting it and the contest, pshrynk for getting killed (again .... and again), and pilotbob for doing the deed. It was a great contest!!

For those of you that are interested, now that the final chapter has been written (the winners announced) I'll put together the final version of the book and get it out in the next day or so. That way you can have something to read over the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
No worries, we had more prizes than "right" murderers, thus we included everyone in the voucher drawing.
Wow, I don't feel so bad that I didn't get it right.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #24
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
No worries, we had more prizes than "right" murderers, thus we included everyone in the voucher drawing.
And here I had figured I had won for being Creatively Stupid!

Congrats to all the other winners, thanks MR team & Poohbear for another fun contest, and apologies to Dreams for having accused her of murder, although I still think she did it!

I've already spent my voucher, and HarryT should be pleased, he speaks very highly of this book: I used my winnings to partially pay for The Oxford Bible Commentary (hardcover), edited by John Barton and John Muddiman.

It's the perfect companion for the book my wife bought me for our 38th wedding anniversary: An Introduction to the New Testament (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library, hardcover) by Raymond E. Brown.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-22-2010 at 05:52 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #25
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Congratulation for a great contest, and to all the winners! I had fun, even if I didn't win!

Next time, though...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #26
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
That's OK - we'll just delete your voucher before you can use it!

[Just kidding! Really! (Alex - don't push that red button) You won!]
Too late, I already spent part of it
I was sure you'd realise your mistake and try to take it back, you see
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #27
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

congratulations to all the winner!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
[yes - we had multiple winners]
Does this mean, we have multiple murderer?
YES, I was right! (in some kind)

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #28
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Congrats! I followed along partway and was really impressed with the effort that went into the story! Great contest!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks to all at MobileRead – especially Alex and Poohbear – for this wonderful contest and I'm very happy to have won a Kindle! According to Alex it should arrive in mid-January so it will be a late but great Christmas present
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #30
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
Thanks to all at MobileRead – especially Alex and Poohbear – for this wonderful contest and I'm very happy to have won a Kindle! According to Alex it should arrive in mid-January so it will be a late but great Christmas present
You're so lucky -- congratulations! You can go ahead and start getting kindle books, though, especially when they pop up free.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote