Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am not sure what to do. One possibility to add an argument (or change the current second argument) to language_strings, telling it to convert commas to semicolons. This will make the comma separator work correctly, but will have the side effect of making the results of language_string be different from that shown in the language column. Your 'system' would work only if you used semicolons instead of commas in your #original_language field. I would also need to make the language_codes function accept either style.
If you cannot change all commas to semicolons as default due to whatever reason, (nevertheless this would be my preferred option nevertheless), I think the updated language_strings function would be the way to go.

Don't worry about my #original_language. It's fully custom so I can use semicolons instead of commas at any time (and it's more clean and consistent).
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
If you cannot change all commas to semicolons as default due to whatever reason, (nevertheless this would be my preferred option nevertheless),
We are looking at this. Kovid is in agreement, at least in principle. There are, of course, complexities to deal with, such as commas in localized versions and matching a translated value against the base (english) value. Lets see where we end up.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The language strings now contain semicolons instead of commas, and I have added a list_equals function. Both changes will be in the next release.

Documentation for list_equals: list_equals(list1, sep1, list2, sep2, yes_val, no_val) -- return `yes_val` if list1 and list2 contain the same items, otherwise return `no_val`. The items are determined by splitting each list using the appropriate separator character (`sep1` or `sep2`). The order of items in the lists is not relevant. The compare is case insensitive.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is speed.

Next week I'm on holidays . But I'll test the new features ASAP.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
arspr
Dead account. Bye

Just tested, as expected it perfectly works and simplifies my comparison column. Now it looks:

Code:
{:'list_equals(field('#original_language'), ',', language_strings(field('languages'),0), ',', 'Yes', 'No')'}
Nevertheless a small issue with the Calibre web page. The help for the function is not well formated. See the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	672.7 KB
ID:	77524  
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Nevertheless a small issue with the Calibre web page. The help for the function is not well formated. See the screenshot.
You might want to suggest specific changes to the manual. I'm sure having the specific input from someone using the feature would be appreciated.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote