Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #46
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I thought there was already a thread doing this that was a spinoff from a thread that had started doing this, or is this a déjà vu and They've changed something?

Anyways, here's my space (but not MySpace) again:

Cheers,
Marc
Well, I mentioned a new desk and linked to pics, which started a general posting of pics, and then PilotBob said it needed it's own thread, and DG told him to start one so he did. And this is it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #47
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
Love the kitchen! Mine is TINY and dark, which is why I don't spend much time there.

As mentioned, my cupboard (it's where I hide everything so people don't know how messy I am).

I think everyone who's been posting photos is impressively tidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Curly, if I had a kitchen like yours i'd cook so much and so good i'd make Vcat blush!
Thanks! We're really pleased with the way it turned out (luck rather than skill I think). It is tidy only because I threw the dirty dishes in the sink before I took the picture.

Ruth -- how did you get a photograph of my cupboard!? Just kidding, I have an equally well organised cupboard with a door that closes, most of the time.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #48
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Marc, I still love your workspace, even though I'm seeing it again for a second time, in fact, I think I like even better the second time around.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #49
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
@ curly:
My kitchen is so cramped im roach free cuz the roaches are like "dang this is tiny!"
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #50
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Curly, if I had a kitchen like yours i'd cook so much and so good i'd make Vcat blush!
Pfff! wait 'till I get in N-Y and make you eat so many great meals you'll be paying me to stay!

And, gals, cupboards are made to be stuffed with as much food as possible. It's what makes cooking so fun and creative, so be proud of your overloaded spaces!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #51
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Pfff! wait 'till I get in N-Y and make you eat so many great meals you'll be paying me to stay!

And, gals, cupboards are made to be stuffed with as much food as possible. It's what makes cooking so fun and creative, so be proud of your overloaded spaces!
oh ur so cruel! don't toy with my emotions like that!

and i second that! i always seem to go nuts when i have a free space and find some junk to fill it with!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #52
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK, I admit it. I am quite a bit OCD when it comes to some things. I don't like clutter. For example my Windows/Mac desktop has ZERO icons on it. (Other than the recycle bin which I am thinking of removing).

With 3 teens and a wife my desk is about the only thing I can control at home. I should show you a pic of our garage... I cringe when I see it.
My "order" is similarly a control issue, though it's more compensation for internal disorder (not "Disorder", but "disorder") - a practical measure giving the illusion of control (but, then, a large part of my mind wants to stay an eclectic disorder, and would only tolerate being managed into order for a limited, too-constrained, bottled-up period of time before everything broke apart and everything started being thrown around the brain-pan in a happy-mad-sad-rage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Um.........yes. Well, I wouldn't describe Marc as a "neatnik"

Dont know exactly what I'd describe him as........but it wouldn't be "neatnik"........
Charming? Unfailingly polite? Dependable? Go on, give us a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
Marc's pic looks a bit too good to be true ... I wonder if he has a cupboard like mine (I will post a pic when I'm home. It explains why I have a clear desk!)
Nah, I, like PilotBob, have a bit of OCD happening. Things aren't as neat as the desk, but they rarely descend into chaos. This hasn't always been the case - at work, my desk swung between a nightmare dive into trash and crap, and crisp neatness. In both cases, I knew where everything was though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Now I've been forced back onto my Mac by complaining Nephews (they want a Windows PC to play games on) here is my corner of the world where I get stuff done Buddha, Wolf Man, Frankenstein and Dracula keep me company
Well, that's not very inventive with names, Moejoe. How about Sam, Fido, Zipper Neck and Béla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Well, I mentioned a new desk and linked to pics, which started a general posting of pics, and then PilotBob said it needed it's own thread, and DG told him to start one so he did. And this is it.
See, now you made me go check. Way to tweak an OCD reference-junky, phenomshel.

You mentioned your desk here, in the Vent and Rant thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...378#post471378

and I subsequently asked for pictures, which you provided, and then I posted pictures of both of my workspaces in that thread. Then DGMa asked for more pictures of workspaces in the same thread, here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=3539

and people did so. PilotBob then suggested in that thread a workspace pics thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=3634

and Lady Blue suggested he start one:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=3642

However, then DGMA "shamelessly" stole the idea from PilotBob, and started a new thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47939

which I posted in for the second time.

Now, we got this thread here. Which I've posted in again, for "completeness" (or "obsessiveness" if you wish ).

So, from what I can gather, my memory is somewhat reliable for events, but bloody hopeless for those...thing words....start with "n"...nouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Marc, I still love your workspace, even though I'm seeing it again for a second time, in fact, I think I like even better the second time around.
It's still missing something in the top right, and I'm not sure what. I have ideas, but they'll change. Oh, and thanks.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Charming? Unfailingly polite? Dependable? Go on, give us a clue.
All of the above, I'm sure.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #54
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Ient'm out of town at the moment,but when I get bqack I'll provide pictures of The Hole. Those old USAF people will get the joke...

See the place where Red was created....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #55
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
...See, now you made me go check. Way to tweak an OCD reference-junky, phenomshel.

You mentioned your desk here, in the Vent and Rant thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...378#post471378

and I subsequently asked for pictures, which you provided, and then I posted pictures of both of my workspaces in that thread. Then DGMa asked for more pictures of workspaces in the same thread, here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=3539

and people did so. PilotBob then suggested in that thread a workspace pics thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=3634

and Lady Blue suggested he start one:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=3642

However, then DGMA "shamelessly" stole the idea from PilotBob, and started a new thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47939

which I posted in for the second time.

Now, we got this thread here. Which I've posted in again, for "completeness" (or "obsessiveness" if you wish ).

So, from what I can gather, my memory is somewhat reliable for events, but bloody hopeless for those...thing words....start with "n"...nouns.
It's ok, Marc. I need all the help I can get.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #56
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
It's ok, Marc. I need all the help I can get.
You and me both. We should ask pshrynk - see if we can get a bulk discount.

Here's my upstairs desk, where I'm currently sitting:

(Except both captain's chair and stereo have been relocated since this photo)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #57
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
You and me both. We should ask pshrynk - see if we can get a bulk discount.

Here's my upstairs desk, where I'm currently sitting:

(Except both captain's chair and stereo have been relocated since this photo)

Cheers,
Marc
Totally adore that desk
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #58
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thank you! I hate white walls and love rich warm colors. My living room is sort of burnt orange and terracotta, my bedroom is a plummy purple. Only my kitchen and bathrooms have more sedate but not white walls.

I'd be happy to paint your walls some rich colors if you pay for my flight, lodging and supplies.

That might cost me less than the pro-painters quote. Do you do exterior work?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #59
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thank you! I hate white walls and love rich warm colors. My living room is sort of burnt orange and terracotta, my bedroom is a plummy purple. Only my kitchen and bathrooms have more sedate but not white walls.

I'd be happy to paint your walls some rich colors if you pay for my flight, lodging and supplies.
I'll pay for a bus ticket, offer peanut butter sandwiches, a buy the first quart.......need the living room hallway and kitchen done.

Deal?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #60
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'll pay for a bus ticket, offer peanut butter sandwiches, a buy the first quart.......need the living room hallway and kitchen done.

Deal?
Are we bidding for daffy's painting services?

I'll see your bus ticket, peanut butter sandwiches and first quart . . . and I raise you a Southwest Airline ticket, cheesburger, fries & a shake, and I'll throw in the first gallon.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote