Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #106
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by isayo74 View Post
I'm curently exploring every website dealing with the Arc in english and french for one month and no one can tell if the device is ready for USB OTG so I think it's unfortunately not !
It's been stated by Kobo reps that USB OTG isn't supported. You will need to wait until someone gets around to figuring out how to root the Arc & publishes the method, then for someone else to hack the firmware to add the functionality.

(personally, I don't think there's any real excuse for Kobo to have not included it or a microSD slot - unlike Google and Amazon, they don't have cloud storage to try and sell)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #107
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Please add the ability to have more than one kobo account.
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #108
bookit
bookit began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 600 - kobo arc
Hi Faisal - Kudos to you for giving your time to help us all out - I got a Kobo Arc for Christmas, but unfortunately I have not gotten to use it yet - It will not connect to the router, so I'm unable to get past the 'connect to wifi' page - I've tried putting in the router password and the router security key, neither with any success - The signal strength on the Kobo says 'excellent' although I know that our internet speed is never much more than 1.50mbps if we're lucky - Is there a minimum speed for the Kobo Arc or should 1.50mbps be sufficient to connect - Thanks.
bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #109
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What brand and model of router?

What security type is the router set to (WPA / WEP / WPA2 / ....)?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #110
bookit
bookit began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 600 - kobo arc
Hi PeterT - The router is set to WPA/Personal
bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #111
saintrafter
saintrafter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
koboarc dev drivers

Where can i get driver for the usb debugging?
Windows 7 doesn't find them automagicly
saintrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #112
Alan_C
Alan_C began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Downloading with / without Kobo Desktop

Hi,

I've just been to the Kobo website and requested several free ePub books; the details were put into my wishlist or Library on the website, and I downloaded them from there to my desktop pc.

At the time, my Arc was connected to the pc via USB.

I used Calibre to copy the books from my pc to the Arc, and used the Library | Import Content option to bring them into my library.

he confusing thing is that some of them were already there, and the rest were downloading - the slow way, i.e. via my wireless connection, presumably from the Kobo website.

So my questions are:

1) Is there any way to merge the two copies of each book that will now be on the Arc? Or do I have to delete one of them? If I delete one, will it delete from my wishlist as well?

2) Is there any way to prevent the Arc from downloading all books in my wishlist direct from the Kobo website, when I already have the book on my desktop?

3) The copies I transferred using USB (with the aid of Calibre) did not retain their front cover graphics. Can you help with this?

Very many thanks,

Alan

PS I'm delighted with the Arc - white, 32GB. My first ereader and my first tablet.
Alan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #113
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Can I use the USB cord from my Glo for the Arc?

I am surprised one didn't come with the device.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #114
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post

I use the one for my Touch with no problem.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #115
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Just got my Arc and am reminded of why I went from original Kobo to kindle years ago. I did the upgrade and now trying to login to either Kobo account or FB the space bar just keeps tapping away and I can't type anything. Then I get an error message from all the nonsense the space bar is doing. *sigh*
Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #116
wrenn1
Addict

Thanks Rarebird, that's good to know. I will use my Glo cord if I happen to get the device working. :-)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #117
cousinit
cousinit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookit View Post
Hi Faisal - Kudos to you for giving your time to help us all out - I got a Kobo Arc for Christmas, but unfortunately I have not gotten to use it yet - It will not connect to the router, so I'm unable to get past the 'connect to wifi' page - I've tried putting in the router password and the router security key, neither with any success - The signal strength on the Kobo says 'excellent' although I know that our internet speed is never much more than 1.50mbps if we're lucky - Is there a minimum speed for the Kobo Arc or should 1.50mbps be sufficient to connect - Thanks.
Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem as 'bookit'. My husband has been serving overseas and is due home on the 6th of jan, so I thought I would buy him a kobo arc and get it set up with his much loved books from his kobo touch.
But I'm having huge problems getting past the 'connect to wifi' screen. I've tried everything, resetting the modem, restarting the kobo and even numerous other trouble shooting I found online but to no success.

After I select my wifi network I enter the password and click ok. I get this message every time; 'there was a problem while downloading your update. Please try updating again or change your wifi connection to address the issue. Error #11'

If someone could help out it would be really great.

Kind regards,
cousinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #118
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post

Yeah, any microUSB->USB cord will work for connecting your Arc to the computer. Just don't expect to charge your Arc that way, at least not in any reasonable time frame (need a wall charger for that).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #119
gchaowu
gchaowu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, iPad, iPod touch
"Share" Offline/Saved Browser Page?

It's great to be able to save (full page screenshot) any web page for offline reading!

However, the "Browser" app doesn't allow you "Share page" (or save/copy the image)... This means there is no way for me to use services such as Evernote or Google Drive to OCR them and search for text inside the image...

I'm wondering if this feature could be added easily?
gchaowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #120
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
The browser is the stock android browser so Kobo can't do anything about it unfortunately. Have you tried another browser? I use chrome instead personally. I don't know if it has the function you're looking for but might be worth a look.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc