Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #526
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I (and I am sure everyone else) really appreciate all the time, research and effort you put into this plugin.

You are fortunate that none of your libraries have not moved to this horrific design.

And not to contradict you but I don't consider the appearance as one step forward. The "book" images are larger and while that is great for my older eyes, now instead of eight "books" being on the screen at one time, now there are only four.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #527
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case this helps any, the links that were created to borrow books before my library switched over still take me to a page where I can download the book.
Advert
Old 02-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #528
LilyEvie
Connoisseur

Another difference in case it matters is that when your plugin takes me to the page for the download, the new OverDrive "address" has https:// where the old version does not.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #529
LilyEvie
Connoisseur

Sorry I am not giving this information to you all at once but another piece of info that might help:

Spoiler:
Quote from http://help.overdrive.com/customer/e...ibrary-website

How to use the advanced search feature on a library website

Instead of an advanced search form, new OverDrive websites offer improved search filters. These filters allow you to narrow your search results by date added, media type and format, multiple subjects, and more.

This page http://help.overdrive.com/customer/p...ticles/1481268 then tells you how to use their new search.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #530
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyEvie View Post
Instead of an advanced search form, new OverDrive websites offer improved search filters. These filters allow you to narrow your search results by date added, media type and format, multiple subjects, and more.
The new filers are not as useful as they should be. For example, you cannot search for books available in either EPUB or PDF format. If you choose both it shows only books that have both formats in the same book. Similarly when searching by subject you can find those books that are tagged as both "Fantasy" and "Science Fiction" in the same book, but not the books that are either one.

And combining author and title into a single search box means that searches will sometimes return many extraneous results, especially when an author has common first and last names.

As a result of this searches using the plugin will be less efficient for new OverDrive sites.

Quote:
Another difference in case it matters is that when your plugin takes me to the page for the download, the new OverDrive "address" has https:// where the old version does not.
The plugin will use secure connections (https) for new OverDrive sites.

Quote:
In case this helps any, the links that were created to borrow books before my library switched over still take me to a page where I can download the book.
Thank you! I hadn't seen that in my testing. It turns out that the old book identifiers can still be used, but searches return the new identifiers.

This complicates things. I will need to think about how best to handle it.

Sorry, but I am going to put off the new release for now.

ETA: I have figured out how to handle this and I am testing it now. I plan to put out a new plugin release on Feb 5.

Last edited by jhowell; 02-04-2016 at 03:02 PM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #531
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.37.1 - 05 Feb 2016

Fix error when searching OverDrive libraries. (AttributeError ('function' object has no attribute 'id'))

Version 1.37.0 - 05 Feb 2016

Support a major change to the OverDrive website design being rolled out to lending libraries in 2016. Most importantly for users of this plugin, the identifiers associated with books have changed, making links to book web pages partially incompatible with the old website design. Links previously created by searching will still function after a library migrates to the new website, but future searches will create different links and the old links will be removed. (In order for old link removal to occur you must select the option Unlink books if no longer found by search in the plugin configuration. Otherwise both old and new links will exist for the same book.)

Usually the library-id (website host name) of an OverDrive library will change when the library is migrated. The plugin detects host name redirection during search and notifies you by an error message that a configuration change is needed. After updating the configuration you should use the menu choice Check and repair book links to migrate existing book links to the new library-id. (The plugin checks for host names changed by adding or removing ".lib.", which is what OverDrive does typically. If the host name is changed in some other manner it will not be possible to migrate links and they will need to be re-established by performing new searches.)

The plugin detects and keeps track of the website type (old or new) for each lending library. This may sometime fail causing books links to work incorrectly. If this occurs a restart of calibre should correct the problem. Once all libraries have migrated to the new design the plugin will be updated to remove support for old websites and then this will no longer be an issue.

The process of signing in using the new website design has not yet been tested. If you experience a sign-in error then clear the card number field in the plugin configuration for that lending library to avoid the sign-in process.

------

Enhance the overdrive_link_library_groups tweak to also be used for checking the current availability of linked books.

Support additional non-ASCII characters in author names.

Ignore non-functional books at Scribd. (These books show a small number of pages, but cannot actually be read.)

Fix missing result when searching for a single book at Hoopla.

Fix occasional error when searching at 3M Cloud Library. (Fixes AttributeError ('int' object has no attribute 'read'))

Improve handling of request throttling by Amazon.

Remove support for the Amazon Product Advertising API. The Amazon web site will be used for searches instead.

Remove support for the Oyster service, which has been discontinued as of early 2016. Any left over links to Oyster books can be removed by using the Check and repair book links menu choice.

Last edited by jhowell; 02-05-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:49 PM   #532
LilyEvie
Connoisseur

Your plugin is my favorite. Thank you very much for your quick fix.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:47 AM   #533
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
With 1.37.1 I'm getting a lot of errors checking for current availability:

Code:
Checking c5f6ff7a-f3e5-4a70-9925-02b9f744d137 obtainable at SLCL: : AttributeError (OverDriveLegacy instance has no attribute 'signed_in')
Checking bcaadd49-f9e3-4756-8c50-89bff6785603 obtainable at BKLYN: : AttributeError (OverDriveLegacy instance has no attribute 'signed_in')

Positively everything now seems to be showing availability in "XX" weeks, which is slightly less than useful.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-08-2016 at 12:56 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:07 AM   #534
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
With 1.37.1 I'm getting a lot of errors checking for current availability
Version 1.37.2 - 08 Feb 2016

Fix error when checking current availability of books at OverDrive libraries. (OverDriveLegacy instance has no attribute 'signed_in')
Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #535
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:19 AM   #536
LilyEvie
Connoisseur

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I get the following errors when searching by keyword
Spoiler:
Overdrive Link found: 1 error in searching. (click "View log" for details)

Finding library books with keywords Sherlock Holmes

Key: *=Discovered book, @=Available at, !=Recommendable at, $=Purchasable at, #=Audiobook

---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------

Search buckscounty.OverDrive for Sherlock Holmes by all: : Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge")

Starting job: Search for books with keywords: Sherlock Holmes
Overdrive Link 1.37.2, calibre 2.50.1
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Adobe PDF eBook, Axis 360 Reader, Blio eBook, BookReader, HTML eBook, Hoopla Book Reader, Hoopla Comic Reader, Kindle Book, MediaDo Reader, Mobipocket eBook, Online Reader, Open DjVu eBook, Open EPUB eBook, Open PDF eBook, OverDrive Read, Plain Text eBook, Protected DAISY eBook, Scribd Reader
Get http://buckscounty.overdrive.com
new OverDrive site layout detected for buckscounty.OverDrive
=================================================
Finding library books with keywords Sherlock Holmes
Search buckscounty.OverDrive for Sherlock Holmes by all
Get https://buckscounty.overdrive.com/se...lmes&language=
Response: page 1 of 2. 42 total results
Search buckscounty.OverDrive for Sherlock Holmes by all: : Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 1172, in find_books_at_lib
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 564, in find_books
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.parseweb", line 210, in must_find
LibraryError: u'missing "span class=title-format-badge"'

Checking 0 unmatched library books, 0 authors

and the following when I search by author
Spoiler:
Overdrive Link found: 2 errors in searching. (click "View log" for details). 1 book/library link unchanged

Key: *=Discovered book, @=Available at, !=Recommendable at, $=Purchasable at, #=Audiobook

---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------

Search buckscounty.OverDrive for all by laurie r. king: : Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge")

Search buckscounty.OverDrive for all by laurie king: : Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge")

-------------------- UNCHANGED LINKS ---------------------

A Study in Sherlock by Laurie R. King (No links)

Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 1.37.2, calibre 2.50.1
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Adobe PDF eBook, Axis 360 Reader, Blio eBook, BookReader, HTML eBook, Hoopla Book Reader, Hoopla Comic Reader, Kindle Book, MediaDo Reader, Mobipocket eBook, Online Reader, Open DjVu eBook, Open EPUB eBook, Open PDF eBook, OverDrive Read, Plain Text eBook, Protected DAISY eBook, Scribd Reader
Get http://buckscounty.overdrive.com
new OverDrive site layout detected for buckscounty.OverDrive
Finding library books by Laurie R. King
Search buckscounty.OverDrive for all by laurie r. king
Get https://buckscounty.overdrive.com/se...king&language=
Response: page 1 of 1. 18 total results
Search buckscounty.OverDrive for all by laurie r. king: : Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge")

Search buckscounty.OverDrive for all by laurie king
Get https://buckscounty.overdrive.com/se...king&language=
Response: page 1 of 1. 18 total results
Search buckscounty.OverDrive for all by laurie king: : Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge")

Unmatched book (unchanged): A Study in Sherlock by Laurie R. King
Checking 0 unmatched library books, 2 authors
Old 02-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #537
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I get the following errors when searching by keyword ... and the following when I search by author ...
OverDrive made some changes to their new website layout and I need to adjust the plugin to handle this. I will release a fix in the next day or two.

(This will likely occur a few more times as they add features and make formatting changes to the new site layout.)
Old 02-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #538
LilyEvie
Connoisseur

Whew!

Then it wasn't me.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:56 PM   #539
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.38.0 - 22 Feb 2016

Fix error when searching OverDrive libraries. (Server response error (missing "span class=title-format-badge"))

Fix occasional error when searching Scribd resulting from a website change. (HTTPError (Gone))

Fix errors when searching Amazon resulting from a website change. (Server response error (missing "span id=productTitle"))

Handle design change at the Internet Archive website. (Fixes no books found when searching the 'read' collection at Open Library.)
Old 02-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #540
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Thanks for fixing the KU (Amazon) search!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive