Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Thumbs up Importing multiple images

Hi,

I've using Sigil to make epubs from some comics my kids like to read. In this particular comic book, each page contains several images (basically rows of images). To import these images to Sigil is painful because I need to do it one by one.

To help me in this task, I've modified Sigil to import multiples images at once, inserting a line break between images.

Just in case you think it can be useful for others and incorporated in the official source, the source code is attached here.

BTW, very nice job (code-wise speaking)!

Regards

Paulo
Attached Files
File Type: txt MainWindow-InsertImage.txt (1.0 KB, 456 views)
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The feature looks nice. I'll add it.

But in the future, do please create enhancement requests on the tracker. If you have a diff to submit, just attach it to the issue. Better yet, since Google Code allows for user Mercurial clones since a few weeks ago, you could have just created a personal clone, pushed your changes to it and then requested a pull.

Although this is small enough that it's not really a problem.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi,

glad you liked it.

I don't have experience with Google code but I'll learn about you said and send updates in the proper way.

Regards

Paulo
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This functionality is now in the repo. My version doesn't add <br/> tags after images since those can screw up ADE if they are direct children of the <body> element.

The more important reason why <br> tags are not added is because Word 2007 inserts multiple images inline and not separated by a line break. Sigil tries to conform to standard practices when it can, Word being the gold standard for text editors.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
pedgarcia
Connoisseur

Hi,

yes, the <br> between images is convenient for me, but I think you're right to keep the standard practices.

Maybe in the future, if different behaviors for the same feature are necessary you could consider add an Configuration option page that allow the user changing the default.

Regards

Paulo
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedgarcia View Post
Maybe in the future, if different behaviors for the same feature are necessary you could consider add an Configuration option page that allow the user changing the default.
Yes, an "Options" page is on my TODO list.