Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Sleekest Kobo Glo cover?

Hi

I am looking for a sleek, lightweight and good enough cover for Kobo Glo. I like to take it around with me so I do not like bulky stuff.

Any recommendations?

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have this Gecko cover for my Glo and love it. It's the smallest and thinnest I've seen so far, but it may not be as light as you want it. If they offer any kind of protection from the reader flexing that can break the screen (for which this one is excellent, cover is really solid and well made), they're all going to have some weight to them.

You might also check the cover in this thread, although I think it will be thicker and slightly larger than the Gecko because of how the reader slides into a pocket, giving it another layer over the Gecko. With the Gecko, it just snaps in place and there's no extra space around the edges like with the official Kobo cover (which made the Kobo cover add too much to the size of the reader for me, so I looked for another option).

Last edited by Ripplinger; 05-25-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo...se-cover-flip/
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
The gecko slimfit is the slimmest, but it also covers the SD card slot and WHY DID THEY HAVE TO USE GREY WHEN THEIR NON-GLO COVER USES BLACK VELOURS ARGHHHHHHHHHGFDGFDH
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I wanted a cover that would protect my Kobo but not be too big because I want my Kobo to fit as well in my small bacpack. I bought that cover and it's pretty nice. It covers the Kobo, has some thickness to protect it but is small too:

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo...-cover-wallet/
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #6
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I have this Gecko cover for my Glo and love it. It's the smallest and thinnest I've seen so far, but it may not be as light as you want it.
I found something just like it, but without the auto-sleep function, for about $12 USD. Hard-shell clip-in back, with cut-outs for all the controls and cards, with a fake suede plastic-covered front face securing with a snap. I spent 5 minutes with an X-acto knife, a little chip of a magnet covered over with some more suede,, and some glue, and turned it into a sleep cover myself. Perhaps 1/8" larger than the Kobo itself, and almost no weight at all.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
I have this Gecko cover for my Glo and love it. It's the smallest and thinnest I've seen so far, but it may not be as light as you want it. If they offer any kind of protection from the reader flexing that can break the screen (for which this one is excellent, cover is really solid and well made), they're all going to have some weight to them.
I love the looks of that cover. That is what Kobo should have made. I hate their cover. I am waiting for my covers from China that were mentioned in a different thread. Much cheaper, one for each of my Kobos. I think I will like them, as I used a similar style cover for my Sony T1 and I liked it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
chromedome
Enthusiast
chromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Voyage, PW2, Kobo Glo (KK, Sony PRS600)
Thumbs up Ditto the Gecko Slimfit

Quote:
From my perspective this cover is far superior to the Kobo branded solutions. It is quite simply the best device cover I own.
chromedome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
From my perspective this cover is far superior to the Kobo branded solutions. It is quite simply the best device cover I own.

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
How does this cover handle when reading for longer time? Is it a problem when holding kobo and turning pages? And how sturdy it is?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
How does this cover handle when reading for longer time? Is it a problem when holding kobo and turning pages? And how sturdy it is?
The cover folds back while reading (usually all covers will let you do that), so it's very comfortable for reading for long periods. I can hold the Kobo in one hand and still turn pages.

The Gecko cover is extremely sturdy and solid. It's pretty rigid, unless you forcibly tried to twist the reader in it to flex it to break the screen, I don't see that ever happening on its own in a purse or backpack. It's really very well made to protect the reader.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
The edges of the cover are flush with the bezel - so there is no interference with turning the pages . . and as Ripplinger says tis very sturdy.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 AM   #13
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thank you both!
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
johanp
johanp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, PocketBook Touch 622
Hi,

What about the "loop" on the Kobo Glo Slimfit - doesn't that get in the way when folding the cover backwards and holding with one hand?

I have a PocketBook Touch also and for that I got the official cover which is the perfect cover. No loop, but a magnet which works both when closed and when folded backwards. This is the kind of cover I would like for the Glo also - anything like that around?
johanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

It's not a "loop" on the Gecko slimfit as much as just a short flap. It sometimes bothers me, but only because I'm used to a cover that didn't have anything extra at all, it's not that it's in the way at all or makes it difficult to hold at all. Sometimes I'll just bend it back so that flap is between the cover and then it's totally out of the way.

The other cover I linked that's only $8.99 from the other thread doesn't have any flap like that, the cover stays closed by use of magnets. It is a bit thicker though than the Gecko slimfit since the reader slides inside this cover, which means there's really one extra layer to it. But it's a really nice cover for the price and as I said, no flap at all if that's what you prefer.