Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which category shall we use for MARCH in 2013?
Mystery/Thriller 14 51.85%
Science Fiction 11 40.74%
Adventure/Travel 15 55.56%
Biography 6 22.22%
Major Literary Award Winners 6 22.22%
Indie 2 7.41%
Modern Fiction 5 18.52%
Free for All 7 25.93%
Fantasy 8 29.63%
Classics 7 25.93%
Non-fiction 6 22.22%
Greek Philosophy 4 14.81%
Young Adult 5 18.52%
Lottery 3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
MARCH 2013 *Category* Poll

Here are your category nominations for March 2013. This visible poll is multiple choice and will be open for 4 days.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Already two nice and smart votes for Greek Philosophy!

Spoiler:
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That picture appears to have frightened off the rest of the voters.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Looks like a 3 horse race at the moment. If adventure/travel wins can we pick one of those classics like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? Always room for another classic.

caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
That picture appears to have frightened off the rest of the voters.
I think medard's avatar is wonderful. It expresses my own Christmas spirit far better than anything else I've seen.
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Looks like a 3 horse race at the moment. If adventure/travel wins can we pick one of those classics like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? Always room for another classic.

I think if adventure/travel wins, we should institute a new rule that anyone who has nominated a winning selection that could fit in that category should be ineligible for at least five years from nominating another in that category.

@ HarryT: Just kidding, my friend. You know I really enjoyed that century old travelogue you nominated for September's non-fiction selection.

A Thousand Miles Up the Nile by Amelia Edwards was well-formatted; I'll say that for it.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I enjoyed Journey to the Center of the Earth, but I wouldn't nominate that for the category.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think medard's avatar is wonderful. It expresses my own Christmas spirit far better than anything else I've seen.
I would say the same for your new avatar. It's about Christmas, but at the same time there is a sort of distorted view of it. Not to mention a definite Chinese or Japanese aspect to it.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Come on, guys.. It's not my fault. That was the last christmas hat they had in store..

Anyway: Three votes for Greek Philosophy already! Did I mention that we'll get the book for free, in an exclusive Mobileread version, if Greek Philosophy wins? I can even ask the book designer if he's willing to write the name of each voter into the book. Then we could keep it forever as a nice memory.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I was actually referring to the Greek philosopher picture. Medard's avatar is just "angry holiday guy" to me. It makes me smile. WT Sharpe's is looking like a gigantic pomegranate pip to me.

Not that my holiday avatar is any better.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I would say the same for your new avatar. It's about Christmas, but at the same time there is a sort of distorted view of it. Not to mention a definite Chinese or Japanese aspect to it.
Does look look like a traditional Chinese hat, doesn't it? I'm a Christmas Tree ornament. That's my hook!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Did someone step on you? You look a little squished.

Back on topic, March is for Mystery! They start with the same letter and everything.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Come on, guys.. It's not my fault. That was the last christmas hat they had in store..

Anyway: Three votes for Greek Philosophy already! Did I mention that we'll get the book for free, in an exclusive Mobileread version, if Greek Philosophy wins? I can even ask the book designer if he's willing to write the name of each voter into the book. Then we could keep it forever as a nice memory.
If Greek Philosophy doesn't make the final cut, perhaps you could nominate simply Philosophy next time around. Without the "Greek" prefix, it might garner more votes, and you could always nominate Greek works when that month's nominations roll around. Personally, I'd love to see us discussing a philosophical work one month, but I guess you could tell that when I was so quick to second your nomination.

Quote:
I was actually referring to the Greek philosopher picture. Medard's avatar is just "angry holiday guy" to me. It makes me smile. WT Sharpe's is looking like a gigantic pomegranate pip to me.
Yes, I also like Medard's "angry holiday guy".

Quote:
Not that my holiday avatar is any better.
A giant smiling Santa robot destroying entire cities under his feet? What's not to love? That's the very essence of Christmas!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Did someone step on you? You look a little squished.
Let's just say I'm not too well-rounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Back on topic, March is for Mystery! They start with the same letter and everything.
Okay, folks! You heard Synamon! Back on your heads!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If Greek Philosophy doesn't make the final cut, perhaps you could nominate simply Philosophy next time around. Without the "Greek" prefix, it might garner more votes, and you could always nominate Greek works when that month's nominations roll around. Personally, I'd love to see us discussing a philosophical work one month, but I guess you could tell that when I was so quick to second your nomination.
Yes, a philosophy category would be better. That could also include books comparing different philosophy/philosophers. Limiting it to just Greek philosophy is too restrictive. It might be hard to find 10 different ebooks to nominate. This is a thread about monthly categories, not a specific book.

Oh, Tom I was referring to your entire avatar with the comment about it looking Japanese/Chinese. I knew that the top was the hanger for the Christmas tree ornament hook. But know that you mention it that does look a bit like a Chinese hat.