Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you chosen to get a replacement for you faulty Paperwhite?
Yes 25 34.72%
No, it is bad but I can live with it 3 4.17%
I haven't decided yet 5 6.94%
No my PW is good 39 54.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Have you requested/gotten a replacement Paperwhite?

Although this is shown as a poll, I'm really interested mostly in how many people chose to get replacements and a poll was a good way to keep track of the numbers.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I voted "No" my PW is good.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I just requested replacements for both mine and hubby's. His screen is terrible and mine doesn't always turn on when I open the cover. I'm supposed to get them on the 10th.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Sorry, I read your post after voting yes, because, yes, I have chosen to get a replacement. However, it won't be here until Tuesday.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Sorry, I read your post after voting yes, because, yes, I have chosen to get a replacement. However, it won't be here until Tuesday.
The replacement doesn't need to be in your possession yet, only the defective one. I worded that poorly so I'll change it.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
I am getting a replacement, but not because of the screen. My issue was that I could not register my new PW. The sad news is that they screen looked good with none of the splotches or discoloration others have described. My replacement is scheduled for delivery Tuesday. My fingers are crossed that I get another good screen!
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Yes and replacement was a 3G for my wifi . Looks great.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I decided to contact support and am waiting for my replacement. It should be here on Tuesday, according to the estimate! I hope it's a better unit. The pictures of your replacement unit look great.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The replacement doesn't need to be in your possession yet, only the defective one. I worded that poorly so I'll change it.
Gotcha! I am actually geeting two replacements.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Nope. Mine's been just fine.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I won't have to replace it, it is fine.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
Ler0y Jenkins
Connoisseur
Ler0y Jenkins doesn't litterLer0y Jenkins doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
For those of you that have requested a replacement, does Amazon require you to send yours back before they ship the replacement?

In other words, can I keep my current Kindle while I wait for the new one to arrive? I've pretty happy with it overall, but I have that little streak of light down the bottom, lefthand corner that does kind of annoy me. Thanks,

Kevin
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ler0y Jenkins View Post
For those of you that have requested a replacement, does Amazon require you to send yours back before they ship the replacement?
No, you hold on to your current Kindle while waiting for the replacement to be delivered. Amazon will give you a "return by" date that you have to meet or end up paying for both.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Ler0y Jenkins
Connoisseur
Ler0y Jenkins doesn't litterLer0y Jenkins doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
No, you hold on to your current Kindle while waiting for the replacement to be delivered. Amazon will give you a "return by" date that you have to meet or end up paying for both.
Thanks for the response.
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
My email says I have to return the old one within 30 days of the date of the email.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote